Elk Creek Fire sees 2013 service cuts - Flume

23 Nov 2012 22:50 #1 by Flume editor
Elk Creek Fire Protection District plans 2013 service cuts as tax revenue has fallen and expenditures are budgeted at 8.9 percent less in 2013 than 2012.
That was just part of an array of updates presented to attendees at a Nov. 14 Conifer Town Hall Meeting sponsored by the Conifer Area Council at West Jefferson Middle School. They also heard about the status of Staunton State Park, the Pine Junction Park-n-Ride, the Conifer master plan for parks and trails, the Conifer chamber’s Christmas events, and Conifer High athletic facilities. Details in this week's Flume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Nov 2012 08:27 #2 by TPP
"Tax revenue has fallen" WHEN did that happen? I don't remember voting to CUT revenue. Has the tax revenue stayed the same and spending gone up? Just asking... Words mean thing.
Since, the budget is 8.9% LESS, doesn't that mean Elk Creek is working more effifent?
I'm think'in congrats are in order to Elk Creek, for spending/using wisely.

Of course, IMHO.

24 Nov 2012 14:04 #3 by Raees
TPP, it's SERVICE cuts. I'm pretty sure that means cuts in SERVICE. Words mean things.

25 Nov 2012 07:53 #4 by TPP
You must agree that tax revenue hasn't fallen correct?

25 Nov 2012 10:25 #5 by ScienceChic
I haven't checked to confirm, but isn't tax revenue falling due to lowered values of homes, and increases in vacancy due to foreclosures in the area?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds