Platte ambulance takes big swing to loss - The Flume

21 Mar 2013 12:00 #1 by Flume Reporter
Recently released ambulance services numbers from the Bailey-based Platte Canyon Fire Protection District show that the ambulance services operating loss for the first nine months of 2012 increased by a whopping 816 percent compared with all of 2011, from $37,447 to $342,937.
That huge change is caused in part by soaring costs, particularly payroll costs, and declining ambulance transports and revenue generated by those transports. (See Summary Document at theflume.com. The “Contribution Margin” line shows the operating loss.)
To read the story, visit [url=http://www.theflume.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.theflume.com[/url]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Mar 2013 15:30 #2 by FOS
Well my my my.....Looky what we got here......When can I say "Told You So"

21 Mar 2013 15:50 #3 by Blazer Bob
Can someone tell me if I have to create an account to see comments after the article or are their no comments?

21 Mar 2013 15:53 #4 by Mtn Gramma
It doesn't appear that there are any comments yet. I think you only have to create an account if you want to post a comment.

21 Mar 2013 16:14 #5 by deltamrey
Services down.....revenue down.....IF a real business what would a real business person do ?? This area is in a depression and the population has moved to an extent.....but as usual the public service organizations can never adjust downward......some folks contend the population is not down.....look at the RTD lots as you drive down 285 at 1000 on a workday.

22 Mar 2013 07:45 #6 by FOS
Dear Flume editor.
As I read your article....there are links to what i assume is pertinent information regarding the article but when I click on them...I am sent back to your article.
I would love to read the supporting information and educate myself on this issue but can't get to the information you are referencing.

22 Mar 2013 08:47 #7 by HappyCamper
Frogger,

I believe that you have to subscribe to the paper in order to see the entire story.

22 Mar 2013 13:20 #8 by MamaRama
Try going to the flume.com e-edition and see if you can't get it there.

Maybe somebody knows, wasn't there money discovered missing from an audit done in about Sept. 2012 from the same or was it the Platte Fire Dept?

23 Mar 2013 17:14 #9 by Flume editor
To All: You don't have to be a subscriber to get anything on our website. We have not put up a paywall but that is off in the future. I just tested a couple of things and it's admittedly a little complicated. By clicking on the icon for the summary document, I was taken to the "skydrive" website, where these documents are stored. Then I had to scroll down to the bottom of the page to find these most recent postings. There I found the summary document and and after clicking on it got a message that it was unable to display "summary document" but if you click the download button you can get it. The same with the audio of the meeting. However, it will take a bit for the audio to download since it is 23 megabytes. It's an mp3 so you should be able to play it regardless of your type of computer or software. If you have any more problems, you can email me at my home email at . with a copy to my work email. Hope that helps. Tom Locke

P.S. We use this system to avoid using up too much bandwidth on our own website, but I would be interested in hearing comments about whether it should be changed.

25 Mar 2013 00:20 #10 by FOS
Thx fo the reply and explanation Mr. Locke. Will give it a try tomorrow

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds