Fierce Women for the Freedom of Girls-Zumba & SIlent Auction

09 Apr 2013 12:25 #1 by JOYInternational
File Attachment:

JOY International is a Conifer-based organization that works to free girls from human trafficking and the sex trade all around the world. After their rescue JOY strives to give each child a renewed hope and a joy for living with enhanced life opportunities through Safe Havens that offer physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual restoration. This organization quite literally SAVES LIVES!

Mark your calendars and SAVE THE DATE!!!

Suggested donation of $20 at the door to dance (or as much or as little as you can give). To quote Dr. Jeff Brodsky, "when JOY has funds - girls get rescued, so this can truly be a life-saving effort."

REGISTRATION: To help cut down on chaos the morning of the event, you may pre-register with Jamie at any of her Zumba classes beginning March 25th! Otherwise, doors open at 8:00 a.m. on 4/13 and you may register at that time.

There will also be a silent auction full of product from local artists, crafters, and small businesses, so come prepared to bid high and getcha some! Doors will open at 8:00 a.m. so you can come a bit early and check things out! If you want to come and participate in the giving but aren't interested in dancing, that's okay, too! Donations can be made at the registration table with checks made payable to JOY International, and you can participate in the silent auction if you wish as long as you're at the church from 10:30-11:00 so monies can be collected at the close of the event.

There will be a balloon release at 8:45 a.m. to honor the 400+ girls that JOY has freed thus far, and Dr. Brodsky will briefly address the group at 8:50 a.m. Event scheduled: 9:00am until 11:00am

Our goal for this event is to raise $2000 for these precious young ladies, but I'd be tickled if we blew that goal out of the sky! Rescue operations are expensive, but the life of a young girl is more than worth your generous gift!

Can't wait to PaRTy with ya for the For the Freedom of Girls!

JOY International
P.O. Box 571
Conifer, CO 80433

Phone: 303.838.0880

Website
Facebook
Twitter
DONATE!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2013 09:53 #2 by JOYInternational
A HUGE THANK YOU to Jamie Lehman and her incredible team for putting on such a successful Zumba fundraiser Saturday morning. I met so many wonderful people) especially 5 very special young ladies that all went barefoot). I know there was much hard work that went into making this a success and I truly appreciate all those who worked so hard. It was great having Mrs. Colorado - Tammy Caison there too. If we had events like this across America, JOY could rescue hundreds more girls being trafficked and abused as child sex slaves. Thank you so very much for all your hard work to help us.

File Attachment:

The precious feet of 5 special young ladies (sorry, cannot show their faces). They all decided to join me by going barefoot with me for a couple of hours. Dare I say? They blessed my socks off!

JOY International
P.O. Box 571
Conifer, CO 80433

Phone: 303.838.0880

Website
Facebook
Twitter
DONATE!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds