Deer Creek Canyon Roadway Safety Action Committee Public Mtg

16 Apr 2013 15:38 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Join County Commissioner Donald Rosier, your neighbors, and some people who like to ride bicycles in the area for an open house to discuss issues raised by both motorists and cyclists on roads in the Deer Creek Canyon area. We're looking for some realistic solutions to some real problems, and need your input! Please come by!

April 24, 2013
6:00-8:30 PM
Sampson Community Club
16150 Sampson Road
Littleton, CO 80127

If you are available that evening, we would love to have you attend.

File Attachment:

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Apr 2013 16:37 #2 by HappyCamper
Unless they can make a true bike lane I hate to say it I would say keep the bikes off.

I have had too many close calls on this road with both cars and bikes one trying to avoid the other that unless it is the dead of winter I will not drive it.

We have friends that we make come to our house during the warm months for BBQ's as we do not want to deal with them.

The one time we went down last year we watched a person on a bike spit on a car that passed them well within reason. The car stopped up the road and called the police we also gave him our number but never heard anything of it.

I will tell you that nothing makes me more mad than when a cyclist is going downhill and they think they are going fast enough to stay in the middle of the road.

IMHO

24 Apr 2013 15:31 #3 by Mountain-News-Events

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

09 May 2013 21:42 #4 by ScienceChic
Community concerned about bike safety along Deer Creek Canyon Road
Better signage, restroom facilities and pullouts or rest areas suggested
Author: Karen Groves
Posted: 05/08/2013

Sampson Community Center in unincorporated Jefferson County overflowed April 24 with people concerned about bike safety along Deer Creek Canyon Road.

Jeffco Commissioner Don Rosier estimated at least 90 people showed up to hear from the bike safety action committee he formed last fall to address conflicts.

After eight meetings, the committee, comprised of residents, cyclists and concerned individuals, came up with suggestions such as better signage, restroom facilities and pullouts or rest areas along the winding mountain road.

Rosier said more information is being assembled and should be available later this month.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds