2 Burglaries Today

21 Apr 2013 19:14 #1 by BurlandHOA
Burland HOA President here. I have just received a call from the Park County Sheriffs Office. There have been 2 Burglaries in our area today, Sunday April 21st. The Park County Sheriffs office has asked that I remind everyone to lock the doors to their homes, and cars and to make sure garage doors are closed. Please keep a lookout for any suspicious activity. Of course, if you see anything suspicious, please contact the Park County Sheriffs Dept. right away.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Apr 2013 20:47 #2 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic 2 Burglaries Today
There was another in Roland Valley.

Please remember to lock all your doors and bring the big dog out.

Others are reporting people going door to door asking to buy things like magazines and such so please be on the look out and if you see anything call the police better to be safe than sorry.

21 Apr 2013 21:53 - 04 Jun 2013 21:35 #3 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic 2 Burglaries Today
PC Sheriff talked about them

21 Apr 2013 22:21 #4 by Cupcake
Replied by Cupcake on topic 2 Burglaries Today
What they say, and what is actual reality may be different, so be vigilant, folks. This from a friend on Facebook:

"Today we had some punk ass kids come up to our house, which for those who don't know is 1/4 mile up a dirt road surrounded by forest and then you have to open a closed and not very welcoming gate with big barking scary dogs, who the proceeded to wander our property. When [her husband] found them they told him that his wife told them to go find him to buy some magazines they were selling for scholarships to paralegal school. He brought them to me and I proceeded to ask them WTF they were doing up here because they had no purpose up here. They tried giving me a scam story but I threw them off the property and we called the Sheriff."

Legit or not, sounds like a couple of liars there, at a minimum. Ballsy ones, at that.

Driving: red & white older Ford van

She said they appeared to be 20-25 years old. This happened in Woodside.

22 Apr 2013 16:13 #5 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic 2 Burglaries Today
Simply POST your property.....when properly done a trespasser can be prosecuted.....period. IF not posted, risk is involved. Up here no one should be on property unless invited by the owner if posted. Posting is common and IMHO few folks feel it is unfriendly......just prudent. ALSO I have read the Code(anyone here may correct me if I am wrong) and a property owner can carry a weapon concealed on his/her own premises.........intruders beware.

Carry concealed on your own property, POST, install cameras (cheap now), "make my day"......as long as we have the second amendment we are good to go. I am more concerned about liberal law makers in Denver.......far more concerned. I'll take care of myself up here thanks......reduce my taxes and cut resources accordingly........I'll keep the "CHANGE" !!!!

These "kids" are really stupid.......go sell in Castle Rock.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds