Big Chili Cook-Off to Benefit Mountain Fire Depts - Sep 8th!

05 Sep 2013 10:19 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Welcome to the 2013 Big Chili Cook-off Music & Arts Festival ~ An event raising funds to support of our Mountain Area Volunteer Firefighters!

"Our mission is to raise funds in support of our mountain area volunteer fire districts in their efforts to protect us, and to support the Blue Spruce Kiwanis Foundation"

You're all invited to the 12th Annual Big Chili Cook-off, Music & Arts Festival,scheduled for Sunday, September 8, 2013.

This year's event will again be held at the Evergreen Lake House, located at 29614 Upper Bear Creek Rd. in beautiful Evergreen, Colorado.

This spectacular day features a chili cook-off competition, live bands all day, Firefall and Oakhurst will join us this year!, the Firefighter's Challenge competition, juried Art Show and Sale, retail and food vendors, and children's activities featuring an Arts and Crafts Tent, Juggling, Face Painting and Jump Castles.

Gates open at 10:30 a.m., with chili sampling beginning at 11 a.m. Live music runs continuously until 6 p.m. A Firefighter tribute will be held at 2:30 p.m., and the Chili Cook Awards at 4:15 p.m.
The 12th Annual Big Chili Cook-Off, Music & Arts Festival benefits six Mountain Area Volunteer Fire Departments and the Blue Spruce Kiwanis Foundation.

Tickets may be purchased online and at the gate on event day. Tickets will also be available at King Soopers and Safeway, in Evergreen and Conifer, until 6 p.m. the Saturday preceding the event.

Stage Schedule

10:00 a.m. Music by My Blue Sky
12:00 p.m. Music by Oakhurst
12:00 p.m. Firefighter's Challenge (click here)
2:00 p.m. Firefighter's Tribute
2:30 p.m. Music by Firefall
5:00 p.m. Music by Bucktones

Tickets
Ticket sales are open!
You may buy Admission Tickets (until 9/7/2013 10:00:00 PM )
Kids: under 12 are free!
Bigger Kids: (everyone else)
$15 at the event ( Tickets available online for $12 now)

Tickets purchased on online will be held for you at Will Call on event day. (Please bring a printout of your online receipt to the event)

Firefighters: (with Identification) Free!

http://www.bigchili.org/

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Sep 2013 10:47 #2 by mountaindollar
Big Chili is a fun event for those that have not been.

Get there early so you can taste all the chili as they do run out later in the day.

06 Sep 2013 07:31 #3 by pacamom
You might want to fix your subject line. Everyone will think this already happened.

06 Sep 2013 08:45 #4 by ScienceChic
D'oh! Thank you for keeping me in line pacamom, what would I do without you! tongue:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Sep 2013 11:16 #5 by ScienceChic
By the way, our Leadership Evergreen class will be there with Evergreen Fire Rescue doing our class community project of making people aware of CodeRED and Smart 911 - stop by and say hi (I'm working the early shift, looking forward to it!)!

CHILI TIME!!! :woo hoo:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Sep 2013 12:59 #6 by pacamom

Science Chic wrote: D'oh! Thank you for keeping me in line pacamom, what would I do without you! tongue:

Just doing my job.

06 Sep 2013 13:11 #7 by ScienceChic
:like: Thanks!

(Someone's gotta keep an eye on me...) :wink:

08 Sep 2013 11:10 #8 by ScienceChic
Just posted several photos on our My Mountain Town Facebook page - it's a gorgeous day to hang at Evergreen Lake, have chili, drink beer, and shop! Come on over!

https://www.facebook.com/MyMountainTown

10 Sep 2013 13:16 #9 by ScienceChic
From The Big Chili Cook-Off Evergreen

The results are in!
Restaurants (1st place only)
Veggie- Elk Run Assisted Living- Elk Run Verde Vegetali
Red- Cactus Jacks- Cactus Jacks Red Chili
Green- Tommy Knockers- Tommy Knockers Original Pork Green

Judges Entries
Veggie
1st James Anderson/ Spark Fitness- Adiens Alternative
2nd Kristine Tulle- Hot Mama's Veggie
3rd- Brett Ulrich- Dane's Doggone Good Chili

RED
1st- Rob Walker/Napa Auto Parts- Napa's Hot Rod Red
2nd- Michael Long- Whole Lotta Rub Red
3rd- Christina Hunt- Red, White and Blue Beanie Bison

GREEN
1st- Darcy La Fleur/ Centura Health St Anthony's- Mama D's Green
2nd- Jeff Genender/ Evg Fire- Know Your Egress Green
3rd- Kelsey and Warren Bunker- The Bunker Buster

SHOWMANSHIP- Evergreen Christian Outreach

PEOPLES CHOICE
Veggie- Elk Run Assisted Living- Elk Run Verde Vegetali
Red- Joel Fleet- Toro De Fuego
Green- Craig Lean- Leano's Green

Firefighter- Evergreen Fire Department- Jeff Genender- Know Your Egress Green

Winner of the Firefighter Challenge- Jeff Rau Inter Canyon time 1:45

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds