Task force mulls rating system for wildfire-prone areas

14 Sep 2013 00:10 #1 by Flume editor
An 18-member state task force is moving closer to developing a plan to rate the risk of wildfire damage for homes in forested areas, including assessing possible fees to help pay for fire-prevention efforts.
The seven-month-old Task Force on Wildfire Insurance and Forest Health met last week to discuss recommendations it plans to propose to the governor and state lawmakers by Sept. 30 in an effort to limit wildfire damage to homes in forested areas. Details in this week's Flume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Sep 2013 20:03 #2 by LOL
:dislike: :dislike: :dislike: :dislike: :dislike: :dislike: :dislike: :dislike:

How about a more common sense "Lets getter done attitude" without the BS, and just set up some places to collect and dispose of slash (year round w/fees). And some USFS matching grants for more community-based mitigation. We don't need this state directed rating bureaucratic BS driving up insurance rates and lowering property values by some arbitrary clue-less task force bureaucrats in Denver.

#SOBs

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

14 Sep 2013 20:57 #3 by LOL
And yes, definitively assess possible "FEES" since they are not really taxes subject to voter approval. SOFBs

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

14 Sep 2013 21:21 #4 by Obam me
I realized after I read this today that someday soon, I may just have to walk away from this place I call home. They are killing us with their stupid regulations and taxes. But they have to keep doing stuff like this to us to keep their jobs relevant. What really ticks me off is that it's my tax dollars that fund these idiots. My contempt for government workers grows deeper every.single.day.

14 Sep 2013 21:34 #5 by LOL
I agree. Maybe while they are at it, the "task force" can ASSess some fees for hail prone areas, tornado prone areas, rock slide, avalanche, earthquakes, lightning, drought, and flood prone areas too. And anywhere there are west Nile mosquitoes flying around. That should about cover the whole state. Fees for everyone! And conventions in Vegas for the task force bureaucrats! SOBs

15 Sep 2013 10:58 #6 by Mtn Gramma
i wonder how many of the people on the task force live in the red zone.

And does the task force have any plans for dealing with the State and Federal lands that are in such overgrown shape?

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds