Upcoming Events: Food Drive Oct 26, Pancake Breakfast Fundra

21 Oct 2013 13:20 #1 by ColoradoTaekwondo
Hi everyone,

Just a few reminders.

1. The food drive is this coming Sat, Oct 26th at both the Green Mountain and Westminster campuses.
Grn Mtn - meet at the school at 10 am
Westminster - meet at WM at 9am

We are encouraging all students (we need drivers) to come and help out this worthy cause.
Young students are encouraged to attend.
Please bring your uniform and belt and dress warmly if it is going to be cold.

This is a great service learning project.

We are encouraging all of our families to bring in food items this week to your campus. Here is a list of what is needed at the Food Bank next to the Grn Mtn campus.

Canned fruit and veggies
Rice
Mac n Cheeze
Hamburger Helper
Peanut Butter and Jelly
Cereal

We support the King's Cupboard Food Bank next to the Grn Mtn Campus and the Action Center with our drive. Both groups are so thankful for what we provide.

Thank you ahead of time for contributing to this worthy cause.

2. Collecting clothing for the Alameda Clothing Closet. Tax receipts are available.
A couple of years ago, the CTI families basically seeded the Alameda Clothing Closet with all the donations we received. We have lots of clothing still, but most of the quality items are gone.

I am asking for a favor with your gently used clothing. We will take all of your hand me downs, but could you please separate out the good clothing from the clothing you know no one will really wear. I will then pass on the quality clothing to the Clothing Closet and then donate the other stuff to the ARC truck that Alameda has coming on Nov 2nd.

Just mark the bags as either ARC or Alameda and then I will know where it should go without having to go through all of it.

Families in need are starting to realize that we have good stuff at our Clothing Closet so we need to replenish. The old polyester leisure suits and other items like underwear and socks, etc can go in the ARC bag.

Thank you again for your generosity.

3. Applebee's All You Can Eat Pancakes and Sausage breakfast fundraiser for the Black Belt World Tour.

The Black Belts will be selling tickets soon and we are hoping that many of our families will participate to help them raise money for the trip.

Tickets are $10 and $7.50 for seniors and children 7 and under.

It will be held on Saturday, Nov 2nd at the South Wadsworth Applebee's in Littleton from 7:30am - 9:30am.

The Black Belts are going to South Korea in 2014 - it's a wonderful opportunity for them to go abroad, spar with other Taekwondo Institutes, and learn! Thank you for helping them achieve their goals!

Educational Martial Arts for All Ages Since 1983!
www.coloradotaekwondo.com
Locations in Conifer, Lakewood, Littleton, Golden, Westminster & Craig
10903 US Hwy 285, Conifer CO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Oct 2013 13:54 #2 by JMC
Thanks for the reminder, I will be dropping off some food this week.

28 Oct 2013 16:47 #3 by ColoradoTaekwondo
I just wanted to let everyone know that the food drive was a HUGE success. Thank you if you brought in clothing or food this month.

Thank you to the 73 students and family members who went door to door today collecting food.

This morning I went next door to the food bank, King's Cupboard, and their shelves were bare. They had just spent $600 on food and fed 70 individuals just today but it had wiped them almost completely out. We were able to fill their shelves again and give LOTS of food to the Action Center.

The clothing donations will go a long way to replenish the shelves at the Alameda Clothing Closet and we were able to donate quite a bit to King's Cupboard for their clothing closet.

It is so great knowing that our students and families are so very generous with donations and their time. Thank you again for everything.
On the heels of our very successful food drive, we were hoping to have a turkey drive on Nov 16th. The King's Cupboard has to put together lots of Thanksgiving and Christmas baskets and were wondering if we might have some families that could donate a turkey.

In order to manage this, we will be collecting turkeys on Nov 16th at the Grn Mtn Campus from 9-11am. We will then run them next door to their freezers.

Since King Soopers and Safeway offer those great turkey sales, please consider picking up an extra one for a family in need.

Thank you again for your generosity.

31 Oct 2013 09:29 #4 by ColoradoTaekwondo
Today's the last day to purchase tickets for the Pancake Breakfast this coming Saturday (right after our Lock-In!). You can get them online at this link: http://www.coloradotaekwondo.com/page/s ... -breakfast

This breakfast is a fundraiser to help our Black Belt Team get to South Korea next year for the World Tour. Thank you for your support!

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds