2nd Annual South Park Kick Ass BBQ, Jun 20 & 21, 2014

15 Jan 2014 14:34 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
From their Facebook page :
BBQ Competitors, Vendors, Visitors, and Vacationers:

The 2nd Annual SOUTH PARK Kick Ass BBQ will be: June 20th & 21st, 2014 in Fairplay, Colorado.
File Attachment:

http://www.southparkkickassbbq.org
Will accept contest, and vendor applications beginning @ 8:30am on January 3rd, 2014.
$10,000 in PRIZE Money
35 National BBQ Competitors
More Competitors selling BBQ
Kids Q & Kids Zone
Great Goodie Bags and promos for Competitors
Lots of events, activities, and special discounts on local lodging, eateries, and shops !
Last years event was a great success, and with your input and information from the RMBBQA and KCBS, the South Park Chamber of Commerce (SPCC) has made the event even more exciting for Competitors, Vendors and Visitors.

This event will be published in the May/June issue of Colorado Life with an editorial feature on the SOUTH PARK Kick Ass BBQ, along with a full page ad promoting the event.
With last years success, and the additional promotion, we are looking to double the number of visitors to South Park for this event !

So mark your calendars, and include SOUTH PARK in your summer plans. Join us for what will be a wonderful weekend, a great BBQ competition, great food, live music and fun events for the entire family.

See you soon !
SOUTH PARK Kick Ass BBQ Committee
781-760-6014

719-836-3410

"LIKE" us on Facebook at: South Park Kick Ass BBQ and pass this email on to family, friends, and fans of BBQ!
An update posted today on the registration status:
BBQ Competitors, a personal "Thanks for your patience" as I try to process the entries as quickly as I can....here is the list so far of the 2014 SPKABBQ Competitors:

Bracken Racks BBQ
Pig Floyd
Burnin Bob's Butts n Bones
One Bad Pig BBQ
Broke Ass Bar-B-Que Co.
Grillin' Beavers
GQue
Carnivores
Los Nerds
Stars ans Stripes BBQ LLC
Rocket Boys Pyro BBQ
Team Faith - Holy Smokers
Engine 51 Smokers
1-2-BBQ
Wildwood Smokehouse
Flyboy BBQ
Lost Weekend Grill
EpicQ
Montana Q
Turn & Burn BBQ Team
Slow Groovin BBQ

We have four other teams that should be registered by the end of the week.....and we will accept "up to" 35 Competitors this year - Thank you to all who have registered so far !

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jun 2014 08:35 #2 by Mountain-News-Events
South Park Kick Ass BBQ this weekend - fun for the whole family!

https://www.facebook.com/southparkkickassbbq

2014 South Park Kick Ass BBQ Competitors:

Bracken Racks BBQ
Pig Floyd
Burnin Bob's Butts n Bones
One Bad Pig BBQ
Broke Ass Bar-B-Que Co.
Grillin' Beavers
GQue
Carnivores
Los Nerds
Stars and Stripes BBQ LLC
Rocket Boys Pyro BBQ
Team Faith - Holy Smokers
1-2-BBQ
Wildwood Smokehouse
Flyboy BBQ
Lost Weekend Grill
Turn & Burn BBQ Team
Slow Groovin BBQ
Crazy Coyote BBQ
Backdraft BBQ
Big Kahuna
Smoke N Paradise
Swine Shack
We’re Burning Daylight BBQ
Smoke Junkies BBQ
Double DBQ
Jo-Bawbs BBQ
Little Joe’s BBQ
Mountain Swine BBQ

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

20 Jun 2014 09:14 #3 by FredHayek
I just might have to swing by. Given the choice, I prefer BBQ pork over filet mignon.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Jun 2014 10:29 #4 by ComputerBreath
I live right behind the old courthouse and will be smelling BBQ smoking & cooking all weekend. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds