2nd Annual Conifer Mountain BBQ Challenge Aug 15-16

06 May 2014 11:35 - 11 Aug 2014 19:53 #1 by RotaryClubofConifer
File Attachment:

2nd Annual Conifer Mountain BBQ Challenge
August 15th & 16th, 2014
Friday: 2 - 8 PM; Saturday: 10 AM - 8 PM
At Meyer Ranch - Conifer, CO
(US 285 & Eagle Cliff Rd.)

Summer, Mountains, Music, Fun and BBQ in the air!
Featuring a $10,000 Purse!
40 BBQ Competition Cook Teams
Cash Awards
Great Food
Craft Beer and Wine Tasting
Music and Entertainment
Crafters
Children's Activities and Play Area
Free Parking!
Free Admission!

A Day in Conifer! What more could you ask for?

To Make This Event Succeed…We Need You!
Cook Team Vendors - $250+ (limit 10)
Cook Teams - $250+ (limit 32)
Food Vendors - $200
Arts, Crafts, Retail - $150 or $400
Non-Profit Organization - $150

Sponsors! Sponsors! Sponsors!
Presenting Sponsors $5,000
Gold Sponsor $3,000
Silver Sponsor $1,500
Bronze Sponsor $750
Donor Sponsor $25+

www.rotaryconifer.org/
Service Above Self

The Rotary Club of Conifer is a volunteer service organization that identifies and supports causes which improve the quality of life for fellow humans & their environments.

Please join us and learn more about our great club! This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Aug 2014 12:39 #2 by coniferchambercommerce
We've been asked to help share this announcement: Mountain Connection Correction!

There is an error on the cover of the August Mountain Connection regarding the Conifer Rotary Club’s Conifer Mountain BBQ Challenge at Meyer Ranch Aug. 15 and 16.

There is NO FREE two-day voucher available for beer and wine tasting at the BBQ.
Tasting Bracelets cost $25, which includes a collector’s Tasting Glass.
Repeating the correction: “There is no FREE beer and wine tasting.”

Mountain Connection apologizes for the error and hopes everyone will attend the BBQ Challenge and Beer and Wine Tasting to support Conifer Rotary’s 285 BackPack Project that helps feed local hungry school kids.
To participate in the wine and beer tasting, purchase a Tasting Bracelet for $25 at the event.
For more information, visit www.ConiferMtnBBQ.com .

25997 Conifer Road, Unit D4, Conifer - 2nd floor, east side.
(Mailing address: PO Box 127, Conifer, CO 80433)
303-838-5711

www.goconifer.com
www.facebook.com/ConiferAreaChamberofCommerce
twitter.com/ConiferChamber
Monthly Breakfast Meeting every 2nd Friday of the month. Doors open at 7:15am. Please join us! Register in advance at GoConifer.Com
Attachments:

08 Aug 2014 13:21 #3 by pacamom
It appears they fixed their website.

Can anyone answer the question I posted here

mymountaintown.com/forum/5-community-new...enge-question#323806

11 Aug 2014 19:52 #4 by ScienceChic
I asked one of my friends who is a Rotarian and she couldn't imagine why you wouldn't be able to wander among the competitors, but she couldn't answer me for absolute sure that you could. At the Big Chili Cookoff in Evergreen, they competitors are set up like booths and you go from booth to booth; I wasn't able to make it to the Conifer Mountain BBQ last year, but I'm thinking it's a similar setup?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Aug 2014 20:34 #5 by pacamom
No, it isn't similar, which is why I asked the question. I attended last year and the public was not allowed in the BBQ contestant area. I thought maybe they would reply to my question since they posted here.

The beer tasting was fun, but I expected to be allowed to wander thru the cook off area, like at other BBQ cook-offs but there was someone guarding the entrance to that area and would not let us thru.

12 Aug 2014 16:27 #6 by Mountain-News-Events
A message from the Rotary Club of Conifer: they are in need of a few more volunteers for trash and recycling collection shifts.

Hi, everyone,

The 2nd Annual Conifer Mountain BBQ Challenge, a Rotary Club of Conifer community event, is this coming weekend at Meyer Ranch Friday 2-8 PM and Saturday 10 AM – 8 pm. See www.conifermtnbbq.com for details.

The event will feature as many as 42 professional cook teams competing for a $10,000 purse and the opportunity to advance to national competitions. It also will highlight arts and crafts, food and retail vendor booths, children’s activities, and live music. The Conifer Mountain BBQ Challenge also includes a Craft Beer and Wine Tasting*. This major event offers free parking, free admission and an expected attendance of well over 5,000 people. It is simply a weekend of great food, fun, and music in a spectacular Colorado setting!

To make it a success, we need cheerful, helpful volunteers (you!!). Since you have community experience with recycling, we invite you to help us with the trash and recycling collections, assuring folks will place these items in the appropriate containers. If you can help for a shift or two, please click on the link below to view the online sign-up sheet for trash and recycling monitor. It’s a great opportunity to visit with lots of fun-loving event-goers while taking good care of our environment. We are short-handed for this spot and hope you can share a few hours of your valuable time. Of course, if you want to help with other duties, there are many more opportunities available.

To sign up, go to:
www.SignUpGenius.com/go/70A084CAEAC2BA57-2ndannual1/10372589

Thank you ever so much! Please do not hesitate to call if you have questions.

Susan Imming
Rotary Club of Conifer
Trash, Recycling and Potty (TRP) Committee
303-838-5163

* $25/ day includes souvenir tasting glass; limited offer advance 2-day purchase $35 (Save $15)

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Time to create page: 0.350 seconds