Emily's Parade 9.28.14

27 Sep 2014 17:52 #1 by ScienceChic
Tomorrow is the most visible element of the The "I Love U Guys" Foundation with Emily's Parade, but there's so much that they do every other day of the year. If you haven't read about their efforts to improve school safety across the country, please find out more - we endorse their work and enthusiastically recommend supporting them! About Us: iloveuguys.org/about_us.html and more about Emily's Ride and the ER::5K Run iloveuguys.org/emilys_parade.html

Everyone have a safe ride and run tomorrow! If you are down at Platte Canyon High School, stop by the 285 Tourism booth and say hi!

www.facebook.com/pages/The-I-Love-U-Guys.../93338908738?fref=ts

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Sep 2014 16:36 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Emily's Parade 9.28.14
I love seeing the locals cheering on the riders. :like:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Sep 2014 19:01 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Emily's Parade 9.28.14
I'm glad to hear you saw some - one of my other friends who came said he didn't see as many as usual. There were a ton at PCHS, and I have to say it was a very well-organized event! It was sunny for most of the morning, then the clouds rolled in and it got chilly. It started raining sometime between 1:30-2pm, and that cleared most people out (a few hardy souls hung out under the canopies with us for a while longer).

Great day, lots of familiar faces!

Over 100 people ran, including a few of the original first responders.

Even the pooches get all dolled up. :)

Volunteers waiting for the ER:5K race to start.

All of us nonprofits

This was early - the line eventually went all the way across the field!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

29 Sep 2014 15:03 #4 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Emily's Parade 9.28.14
AND the portion of the story I did NOT know until today....."Flight for life" helio makes the trip ALSO...
in honor of Emily (my understanding some of the original crew are on board every year)....THAT is truly
treasured.

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds