2015 Evergreen Bluegrass Festival - August 22nd

20 Aug 2015 14:43 - 20 Aug 2015 14:46 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
2015 EVERGREEN BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL
Six (6) 'kick ass' Bluegrass Bands - Vendors - All Day Family FUN !
AUGUST 22, 2015 - 12:00 Noon TO 8:30 PM (Gates OPEN at 11:30 am)
EVERGREEN RODEO GROUNDS

Advance Tickets are DISCOUNTED, ticket prices higher at the GATE.
KIDS 12 and under are FREE (accompanied by an adult).
evergreenbluegrassfestival.com/

First ever Evergreen Bluegrass Fest is a legacy of community volunteer
By Josie Klemaier, YourHub Reporter
Posted: 04/27/2015

The Evergreen community will get a new bluegrass festival this August that organizers hope will become an annual draw, similar to other bluegrass festivals in the area.

But unlike the others, this one is closely tied to a late member of the Evergreen community.

"(Tom) would say, 'This is my dream, this is my little baby. I would love to have a bluegrass festival in Evergreen,' " said Dana Price of her friend and fellow community member, Tom Hushen, who died Oct. 2.

The festival is focused on local music, featuring the Boulder-based Railsplitters, Denver-area mainstay Oakhurst, Ragged Union, Quick Draw Homegrown Music from Indian Hills and Blue Moon Bluegrass of Evergreen. Also in the lineup are the Blue Canyon Boys, who won the band contest at the 2008 Telluride Bluegrass Festival.

Price said the short-term goal is to make the event as fun and successful as possible this year, with the long-term goal of making it an annual event that "puts Evergreen on the map one more time for something very special."

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds