Jeffco School Board Candidates September Meet & Greet Events by Jeffco LWV

07 Sep 2015 16:26 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
ELECTION EVENTS: School Board Candidates - Meet & Greet Sponsored by the Jeffco League of Women Voters
Meet the candidates face to face and ask your tough questions. Compare their differing philosophies on public education. Find out how they intend to improve student performance with less revenue. Everyone is welcome to attend.

Tuesday, September 15 from 7pm to 9pm, Peak Community & Wellness Center, 6612 S Ward Street, Littleton, CO 80127

Thursday, September 24 from 7pm to 9pm, Arvada K-8 Public School, 5751 Balsam St, Arvada, CO 80002

Tuesday September 29 from 7pm to 9pm, First United Methodist Church of Golden, 1500 Ford St, Golden, CO 80401

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Sep 2015 13:22 #2 by Mountain-News-Events
Another event organized by the Jeffco League of Women Voters on this topic. Please save the date:

ALL ABOUT SCHOOL BOARDS Panel Discussion
Monday, September 21st at 7pm + 9pm
Shepherd of the Hills Presbyterian Church
11500 West 20th Ave, Lakewood, CO 80215

Why should I vote in the upcoming school board election?
What does a school board decision have to do with me anyway?

We've all heard these questions and League is ready with some answers!
A panel of experts will discuss the powers and responsibility of a local school board and what contributes to effective governance.

Invited panelists include the past Littleton Public Schools Superintendent, a Boulder Valley Board of Education Member, and a past Colorado Association of School Boards (CASB) member.

This will be an evening of education and ideas. It will NOT be an evening of campaigning. It will be non-partisan and non-political. It will NOT address the recall, the candidates, or the various active groups in the fall election scene. We ask that all Leaguers will be present and bring friends and neighbors.
The evening will enlighten all and do what League does best: Educate and Encourage the Electorate!

OPEN TO THE PUBLIC / NO RESERVATIONS REQUIRED

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds