Construction begins on I-70 bike path near Genesee

22 Oct 2015 16:32 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Construction begins on I-70 bike path near Genesee
The path is the final link for a full, off-interstate bicycle route from Denver to Glenwood Springs
By Josie Klemaier, YourHub Reporter
Posted: 10/22/2015

Construction began this month on the missing link to a complete off-highway bike route along Interstate 70 between Denver and Glenwood Springs.

The long-awaited bike path will connect the Genesee and Evergreen Parkway exits of I-70. The 2.4-mile concrete multi-purpose path includes a 120-foot pedestrian bridge along the north side of the interstate, according to a release from Colorado Department of Transportation. It cuts through Denver-owned Genesee Park, a portion of which is the Buffalo Overlook, home to the city's buffalo herd.

The path will eliminate the need for cyclists traveling on U.S. 40 to ride on the shoulder of the interstate through the portion where the two routes merge before U.S. 40 verges off the highway at Evergreen Parkway.

Questions about the project can be directed to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 720-443-5343.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds