“TO-GO” SPAGHETTI DINNER FUNDRAISER FOR TOMMY BABB & THE BABB FAMILY

06 Jan 2016 09:01 #1 by Mountain-News-Events

Tommy was vacationing with his family in Hawaii. He was in shallow water, a wave knocked him down & he suffered a shattered c5 vertebrae. He is paralyzed from the neck down. We are praying for miracles.

Hello Everyone,

This email brings a sad story to our community. The Babb family was vacationing in Hawaii and their son Tommy, home from college, was hit by a wave and injured his spinal cord. He is now paralyzed from the neck down. He is still in the hospital in Oahu. They are trying to stabilize him so that he can be transported back home to Denver. As always our community is stepping up and helping this family get through this horrible horrible time.

As I know this family personally I wanted to pass this on to everyone that I have in my address book.

Please consider purchasing a spaghetti dinner.

Thank you

Dinners include: salad, pasta, spaghetti sauce & garlic bread for a family of 4

Pick Up: January 17th after 10 am (orders must be received by 1/14)

Where to Pick Up: Nick’s Pro Fitness, 2932 Evergreen Parkway, Evergreen, CO

Suggested Donation: $25 per dinner

How to Order: Call 303-674-6902 or Text 720-331-1645 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

All proceeds to be donated directly to the Babb Family to assist with medical costs incurred from Tommy’s injury.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jan 2016 12:21 #2 by Mountain-News-Events
Here is the link for a GoFundMe that was set up for Tommy: www.gofundme.com/eyhcrdjg

On son’s road to recovery, Evergreen family leans on faith
By Deb Hurley Brobst
Tuesday, January 5, 2016 at 1:00 pm (Updated: January 5, 1:02 pm)

Hope and positivity are the best words to describe Evergreen’s Babb family, whose son Tommy was in a freak accident Dec. 27 while on a family vacation in Hawaii.

The injuries have affected Tommy’s mobility, though it’s too soon to tell just how severely. However, family members — dad Steve, mom Christa, brother Adam and sister Claire — say they are embracing their new reality and moving forward, with their Christian faith as a guide.

They are thankful for the love, support and prayers from the Evergreen community — both friends and strangers — who have held an impromptu prayer service attended by 400 people; taken part in the Polar Plunge on New Year’s Day carrying signs reading “Prayers for Tommy”; and created wristbands for people to wear to support the 19-year-old. Nick’s Pro Fitness is planning several fund-raisers on Sunday, Jan. 17, to support the family.

Tommy, a 2015 graduate of Evergreen High School, was body surfing in Maui on Dec. 27 when a wave slammed him into the ground, shattering a vertebra in his neck. Tommy will be transported back to Colorado in the next few weeks, where the family hopes he will begin rehabilitation at Craig Hospital in Englewood.

Updates on Tommy Babb
• Follow Tommy’s progress on the Prayers for Tom Babb page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/prayersfortombabb .
• Tommy’s sister, Claire, is writing a blog about the family’s journey. Access it at lightofunfailinglove.tumblr.com.

Fund-raising for Tommy Babb
Nick’s Pro Fitness is planning several events on Sunday, Jan. 17, at the club, 2932 Evergreen Parkway behind Kaiser Permanente.
“We want to work together to rally for this family to show them how much love a small community like Evergreen can provide,” said Heather Kapande, who owns the club with her husband, Nick.
• Nick is planning to do 5,400 sit-ups, and he is looking for sponsors.
• Others are invited to participate in the sit-up challenge and sign up sponsors. Pick the number of sit-ups you’d like to do and get sponsors for your efforts.
• A yoga workshop will start at noon for a $25 donation.
• Two baskets filled with exercise goodies will be raffled. Raffle tickets are $5 each or three tickets for $10. Winners will be announced at noon.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

11 Jan 2016 08:21 #3 by EvergreenChamber
Here is the info on the Sit Up Challenge at Nick's Pro Fitness Sunday Jan. 17 to help the Babb Family. Please be a sponsor or make a donation if you can to help out.

Our office is located at The Stone House, 1524 Belford Ct., Evergreen, CO 80439
Hours 9:00-4:00, Monday-Friday
303-674-3412

evergreenchamber.org/

Our mission is to grow the local economy by building business and relationships, promoting the community and representing local concerns with our county government.
Attachments:

14 Jan 2016 15:05 #4 by EvergreenClothingCo
Evergreen High School has wrist bands available for $5 each at the Evergreen Clothing Company to help Tommy Babb and his family. For each wrist band purchased, Evergreen Clothing Company WILL MATCH, therefore giving $10 for each wristband purchased. Our prayers and most sincere thoughts are with Tommy and the Babb family.

28025 Highway 74, Evergreen, Colorado 80439.
Phone (303) 679-9200
www.facebook.com/evergreenclothingcompany/

14 Jan 2016 16:30 #5 by Mountain-News-Events
From Carla at Hemp Way Foods:

Hemp Way Foods is joining in a little late on this fundraiser. We will be offering a delicious Vegan Hemp Spaghetti To-Go for $15.00 This will include a serving for 2 of vegan hemp marinara sauce and gluten free noodles for $15.00. This will be a plant based sauce gluten, dairy, corn, soy, & GMO free. I plan to have a minimum of 25 to-go boxes but please order to make sure I have prepared enough. If you have questions on ingredients please contact me, happy to answer any questions 720.205.2100. 100% of proceeds going to the Babb family! www.facebook.com/nicksprofitness/photos/...887755132794/?type=3

27 Sep 2017 16:52 #6 by CanyonCourier
Evergreen High grad Tom Babb enjoying college life with his fraternity brothers

LAWRENCE, KAN. — Leaving the Beta Theta Pi fraternity house, Tom Babb waited for the automatic door to open and navigated his wheelchair onto the sidewalk toward the campus.

But there was an obstacle: a short flight of stairs to get up to the road. No matter. He simply navigated his wheelchair up the adjacent grass instead.

“Sometimes, I joke that I’ll just get out and walk,” he said.

It’s the first week of the fall 2017 semester — Babb’s fourth at KU. In December 2015, while vacationing with his family in Hawaii, a freak accident left him paralyzed from the chest down. He took a semester off to recover, but came back to KU and Beta Theta Pi with full force last fall.

Babb’s family and fraternity brothers asked Beta’s alumni donors to fund accessibility improvements to the house while it was already undergoing renovations. Now the house has automatic sensors to the exterior doors and a room on the ground floor with a door sensor, a special bed and medical supplies, a lift to help others get Babb in and out of bed, and a larger and more accessible shower.

Babb has three nurses who check on him six days a week, but his roommate usually helps him get ready in the mornings and evenings, and his other fraternity brothers assist him with daily tasks.

“It’s surreal,” Babb said of his life since the accident, “but what’s more surreal is that I can live my life the way I do — going out, dating and doing normal things. It’s definitely surreal, but in a good way, of course.”

Read more here: www.canyoncourier.com/content/evergreen-...-fraternity-brothers
By Corinne Westeman
Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 10:18 am

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds