End of watch

19 Mar 2016 05:28 #1 by Flume editor
End of watch was created by Flume editor
More than 4,000 people attended the memorial service of 13-year Park County Sheriff’s Deputy Nate Carrigan Monday in Arvada at Faith Bible Church.

A procession of Park County Sheriff’s Office staff, accompanied by law enforcement officers and other first responders from the region, left Bailey Monday at 9 a.m. and were joined by more officers along the U.S. Highway 285 corridor and Highway C-470 to the church.

Carrigan was killed while serving an eviction notice in Bailey Feb. 24. Two other officers were also shot and wounded by hostile gunfire. (See The Flume, Feb. 24.)

As attendees were arriving, a slide show at the front of the church featured dozens of images of Carrigan – as a child, a Platte Canyon High School athlete, a coach, an officer, and a family man. Songs played in the background, including Charlie Puth’s “One Call Away” – I’m only one call away, I’ll be there to save the day, Superman got nothing on me ... No matter where you go, You know you’re not alone – and “Save A Place For Me” by Matthew West – I wanna live my life just like you did, And make the most of my time just like you did, And I wanna make my home up in the sky just like you did, Oh, but until I get there, until I get there, Just save a place for me, save a place for me, ‘Cause I will be there soon.

Continue reading...

www.theflume.com/news/article_a4503b46-e...f1-8bcb09bc6858.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Feb 2017 10:18 #2 by MyMountainTown
Replied by MyMountainTown on topic End of watch
"Service which is rendered without joy helps neither the servant nor the served. But all other pleasures and possessions pale into nothingness before service which is rendered in a spirit of joy." ~Mahatma Gandhi

You are fiercely missed Nate. EOW 2.24.16

#ThinBlueLine #NeverForgotten Park County Sheriff's Office

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds