Park County Commissioner District 2 Republican Debates

08 May 2016 21:13 - 08 May 2016 21:17 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Please save the date for the Park County Commissioner District 2 Republican Debates in various locations throughout the month of May. Sponsored by the Park County Republican Central Committee. Meet the candidates, hear discussion on important issues, submit questions.
Doors open at 6:30pm
Candidate Meet & Greet 6:30-7:00pm
Debate 7-8:30pm
Candidate Meet & Greet 8:30-9:00pm

May 9: Hartsel Fire Station
May 17: Platte Canyon Fire Station #2, Crow Hill
May 19: Guffey Charter School
May 24: Park County Fair Barn, Fairplay
May 26: Lake George Community Center

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 May 2016 19:12 #2 by MyMountainTown
Debate is just beginning. Candidates are Lynda James and Dick Elsner.

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285
Attachments:

18 May 2016 22:58 #3 by MyMountainTown
The video of last night's debate is now up on our YouTube Channel. Below is the time stamp of each candidate's statements or questions asked of the candidates so you can skip ahead to those of most interest to you if you wish.

Park County Commissioner District 2 Candidate Debate
May 17, 2016
21 in attendance

@0:00 Introduction, explanation of structure of evening

@5:00 Lynda James Opening Statement

@10:25 Dick Elsner Opening Statement

@16:20 First question - Discuss your perceptions of the duties of the county commissioner

@23:23 Two most important key infrastructure needs of the county

@29:55 Is there a maximum number of marijuana grow facilities and retail outlets, and what is that number?

@37:35 What knowledge or skills do you have that make you especially qualified to be county commissioner?

@44:25 What is more important, preservation or development, of the Bailey area?

@52:50 What will you do to rein in the Park County Building & Zoning Department desires to make this county's regs efforts to make this county's regs more restrictive than Lakewood or Boulder?

@1:00:03 What are the cost impacts of regulations and codes on Park County home prices?

@1:06:40 What are your ideas for creating affordable housing in Park County?

@1:13:35 Will you enforce Land Use Regulations?

@1:21:00 Closing Statements - Dick Elsner then Lynda James

Video recorded by, and property of, My Mountain Town
All Rights Reserved

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

19 May 2016 09:50 #4 by Mountain-News-Events
Letter reprinted below in its entirety with permission:

LEONA C. NELSON
P.O. Box 215
Shawnee, CO 80475

May 10, 2016

The Flume
P.O. Box 460
Bailey, CO 80421

Dear Editor:

The “Best Park County Watch Dog” has been dormant for the past few years. However,
this year’s election has brought me out of retirement.

A plaque hanging on my wall, thanks my husband and I for 26 years of service to the Park County Republican Committee, (PCRC). During those years, I organized the majority of the “Meet the Candidate” meetings. They were “open meetings” where people asked their questions from the floor.

Quoting from the PCRC’s “General Format,”

“An event moderator will pose questions to the candidates through questions submitted by members of the PCRC committee via email to a Questions Committee----.”

“The remainder of the questions will be selected at random from those submitted in writing by the attendees.” Unquote.

It continues, stating that the hand written questions will be handed to a “person” who will determine whether the question is appropriate, or not. What person is qualified to say whether a question is appropriate or not? Since when have the Park County voters had to be censored on what questions to ask their candidates?

After Lynda James declared her candidacy for the District 2 County Commissioner seat,
Richard Elsner, the present chairman of the PCRC declared his candidacy for the same position. Obviously because there were no other candidates. Elsner has no government experience to date and will expect “on the job training.”

There is an ad in this paper for other Meet and Greet Lynda James meetings so that the voters can be well informed. For any questions call me at: 303-816-0418.

Sincerely,

Leona C. Nelson

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

19 May 2016 12:14 #5 by HappyCamper
Thank you for posting!!!

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds