Park County Trails - New trails at Staunton State Park

04 Jun 2016 06:05 #1 by Flume editor
The spring snows had ended abruptly, the sun was shining bright and the birds were all a-twitter. What was there for me to do but go for a hike? Cheryl, always a good hiking buddy, was thinking along the same lines and Magee is always up for a walk.

Being a state park, Staunton charges $7 per car, which helps pay for the friendly help, trash pickup, restrooms and well-made trails. It’s worth the price. We also found a nice, bright, sunny day, warm with a gentle breeze.

From the visitor’s center, there is the choice of Davis Ponds Trail, a short, easy loop to fishing nearby; Mason Creek Trail to the northeast, where I’d gone before; and Staunton Ranch Trail to the northwest, and all the trails I hadn’t been on. On Staunton Ranch Trail we went.

Continue reading ...

www.theflume.com/free_content/article_fd...c0-678760ce77e2.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jun 2016 08:26 #2 by FriendsofStauntonStatePark
Thank you for this article!

The park is also in the process of building a trail to the base of Elk Falls - we checked out their progress earlier this week and all we can say is WOW! This is going to be our new favorite trail once it is complete, hopefully by this fall.

We hope to see you all out enjoying Staunton State Park this summer! Our friendly volunteers are all over, grab one and ask any questions you have about anything - what flowers you see, details about the park, history, etc. We love to chat!

Friends of Staunton State Park's New Website!
Our Facebook Page
CPW's Page for Staunton State Park
Active park hours 6:00am-10:00pm
Park Phone: 303-816-0912
Mission Statement:
Our mission is working in partnership with others to preserve, promote, and protect the wildlife, natural beauty and historic legacy of Staunton State Park for current and future generations.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds