Guanella Pass Grand Re-Opening Celebration June 24th

22 Jun 2016 21:07 #1 by 285Tourism
clearcreekcounty.org/event-calendar-clea...opening-celebration/
June 24 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm

Join us as we celebrate the official Grand Re-Opening of Guanella Pass Scenic Byway! Everyone is welcome to attend the free ceremony as Clear Creek County and Park County come together to celebrate the Byways official Grand Re-Opening – as the Byway is now fully paved from Georgetown to Grant!

The ceremony will take place at Square Top Parking lot at 10:00 am – Please plan to arrive early as seating is limited. Shuttles will also depart from Georgetown at the corner of 6th Street and Rose at 8:30 am and 9:30 am – the shuttles will also return patrons to town after the ceremony.

Square Top Parking lot is located at the Summit of Guanella Pass Scenic Byway which is approximately 13 miles from Grant and 11 miles from Georgetown.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jun 2016 18:47 #2 by MyMountainTown

Through the efforts of many agencies and individuals, Guanella Pass connecting Georgetown off of I-70 to Grant on Highway 285 is now paved the entire distance allowing for greater travel opportunities and a longer season for trips over what is one of the most beautiful roads to travel.

Guanella Pass is 22 miles of scenic driving, filled with a plethora of wildlife while taking you over the 11,669-foot Guanella Pass and getting you to some terrific views of Mt Bierstadt and the trailhead to climb to the summit, picture-perfect leaf peeping in the fall when the aspens turn, and some wonderful camping spots.

Take a day trip and explore the 285 Corridor and Guanella Pass - you won't be disappointed!

Video recorded by, and property of, My Mountain Town.
All Rights Reserved.

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds