Pine/Deckers Shooting Range Clean Up on Oct 16th - Donate or Volunteer

27 Sep 2016 15:02 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
From Douglas Evans:

I have been going to this range for many years. After not having been one time this summer I went about a month ago and was utterly disappointing in the amount of trash and garbage left up there by my fellow shooters.

My young son suggested we "get this mess cleaned up" as he started picking up trash and so that's what we are going to do! I thought what a great way to teach the boy some proper etiquette. How to keep our public shooting ranges clean and safe but even more so, how to take initiative when you see something that needs to be done and BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE! So we are going to organize a fall clean up so as the sign says as you enter we can "keep it clean, keep it open"

We will have a large dump trailer which should be able to handle ALL the trash and debris.

ITEMS YOU NEED TO BRING:
1.)Rakes
2.)Shovels (metal garden shovels as well as snow shovels)
3.) Trash bags

I would suggest wearing gloves and boots, There is lots of sharp metal debris and broken glass. I will have a few extras for people but please bring your own tools and gloves if you can to help make sure there is enough to go around.

We will also provide water and snacks and may decide to turn it into a BBQ if enough people are going come and show interest.

Many of you know Russ Ullrich. He kindly volunteered his time along with his duely and dump trailer to haul off all the trasha nd properly dispose of it.

ALL FUNDS will be used to to pay for gas and expenses to get equipment up the the area and haul away all the trash as well as pay to dump it at the landfill. Funds will also be used to buy water, and snack as well as other supplies like trash bags and gloves.

Click here to access the GoFundMe page to donate , or volunteer your time on October 16, 2016 at 8:00am.

Map to the location

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds