Boogie at the Barn May 6, 2017 - Wendy Woo Band

17 Apr 2017 16:42 #1 by Mountain-News-Events

From Warren Rose:
Please join us for another memorable Boogie at the Barn, Saturday May 6th from 5:30-10PM. Subject2Change will be the opening act followed by the awesome Wendy Woo Band. Food & drinks available for purchase. Proceeds from this event will benefit the EPRD Special Needs Program.

Wendy Woo is a singer/songwriter in Colorado. She is also known for her guitar work, especially using her acoustic guitar as a percussion instrument. Woo is one of a small number of Colorado performers to win the Westword Music Awards five times (after that, a five-time winner becomes ineligible and is named a member of the Westword Hall of Fame).

Woo plays both acoustic and electric guitar. She performs both as a solo and with her band. She has recorded more than 100 original songs in a variety of genres: folk, jazz, blues, funk, rock, and pop.

During her career, Wendy has been associated with three different Colorado music scenes: Boulder/Nederland, then Denver, and now Northern Colorado. Because Woo is so popular in Colorado, she has been called the "Queen of the Denver Scene," the "Denver DIY queen," and the "queen of the local scene." She has toured nationally, but Colorado has always been her homebase. "I know that I do get lumped into that hometown artist thing but ... well, the bottom line is that I love it here.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds