Singer/Songwriter Paula Nelson (Daughter of Willie Nelson) Gets Personal w/TMJ

27 Apr 2017 22:42 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Singer/Songwriter Paula Nelson Gets Personal with TMJ
February 16, 2017
~by Bob Volpe ~

Yes, Paula Nelson is one of country legend, Willie Nelson’s talented children.

Paula currently has six albums under her belt and another in the works. In October of 2016, she was awarded “Female Artist of Year” by the Country Music Assoc. of Texas. Growing up the daughter of a world renowned celebrity can be a mind bending experience, when you are a child searching for your own identity.

Born in Huston, Texas, to Willie and his third wife Connie, Paula traveled on tour with Willie and family in much of her youth. In the early 70’s the family moved to Conifer, Colorado where she attended public school from third through fifth grade. From Conifer the family moved to a 70 acre ranch on Upper Bear Creek, west of Evergreen, Colorado. After that move she attended school in Idaho Springs through her sophomore year in high school. Last week, I got a chance to conduct a detailed interview with Paula Nelson, who has performed live at the Crystola Roadhouse and other popular bar and musical entertainment hubs in Colorado, regarding a variety of subjects, ranging from Willie’s IRS problems, to legendary late-night antics, to her current musical aspirations, including some return visits to Teller County. Here are a few highlights:

BV: How did you like living in Colorado?

PN: “Oh my God, I loved Evergreen.” She recalled living on Upper Bear Creek and the blizzard of 1982.”We had a barn there that we had some summer cars in. We didn’t have a lot, but we had a nice ’57 Chevy and a Mercedes. That blizzard collapsed the roof and the cars were completely totaled.”

More at the link above.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds