Young award-winning photographer in Conifer raises awareness for autism

27 Apr 2017 22:53 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Young award-winning photographer in Conifer raises awareness for autism
Morgan Wolfers has a good eye for photography and credits his autism for his talent
By Josie Klemaier | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. | YourHub
April 18, 2017 at 3:30 pm

Morgan, a Conifer resident, started doing nature photography about two years ago after playing with his mom’s iPhone. Since then, one of his photos — a close-up shot of a many-spotted white tiger moth laying a pool of pearly eggs — was picked as a finalist in the 2016 National History Museum’s Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest’s “10 and Under” division, earning it a spot in the annual competition book and a fair amount of press.

Morgan frames and sells his work at a local boutique in Conifer and on May 5, he will be the featured guest at an open house event at the Conifer Historical Society where his pieces will be for sale.

Being a young, award-winning photographer is noteworthy in itself, but Morgan has yet another unique trait: He is on the autism spectrum and has used his photography to help raise autism awareness.

“Some people think autism is a little bit like cancer or something like that,” he said. “I want people to know autism is a gift and a good thing instead of something bad.”

More at the link above.

Young Colorado photographer shows that 'Autism is Boundless Creativity'
Erin Powell, KUSA
April 11, 2017

CONIFER, COLO. - It's tough to count how many times we've been told that some picture, or video, or story "isn't news."

But maybe you're familiar with one of our favorite sayings here at Next: "It's not news, it's life."

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds