Two Community Meetings about Heritage Square Land Exchange - March 2 & 5

19 Feb 2019 12:39 #1 by JeffcoOpenSpace

Jeffco Open Space will host two community meetings, on Saturday, March 2 and Tuesday, March 5, about the potential Heritage Square Land Exchange.

Jeffco Open Space has received a proposal from Martin Marietta Materials for a land exchange. The exchange would deed the former 114-acre Heritage Square and the 5.7-acre Bachman property at US 40 (Colfax) and Heritage Road to JCOS. In return, JCOS would deed approximately 64 acres of Matthews/Winters Park north of I-70 and south of the existing mine, which is currently not open for public use, to Martin Marietta Materials for expansion of its operations. When mining is completed, the land will be deeded back to JCOS for park and open space purposes.

Upcoming Community Meetings

Saturday, March 2, 9:30 AM
Tuesday, March 5, 5:30 PM
Jefferson County Human Services
900 Jefferson County Parkway
Golden, CO 80401

The public is encouraged to join us at one of the upcoming community meetings to learn more about, and comment on, the proposed exchange. Each meeting will include a presentation and question/answer session.

Learn more at www.jeffco.us/HSE .

Our mission is to PRESERVE open space & parkland, PROTECT park & natural resources, and PROVIDE healthy nature-based activities.
jeffco.us/open-space
Find us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @JeffcoOpenSpace
www.pinterest.com/lookoutmtnc/jefferson-...co-open-space-parks/
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds