CDOT in Total Disarray

03 Nov 2019 12:44 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
CDOT in Total Disarray
Crony Bidding and Gross Incompetence Reign
Part I of a II Part Series
By Charles C. Bonniwell, Glendale Cherry Creek Chronicle | October 28, 2019

At a time when Coloradoans are desperately pleading for new and improved roadways the agency in charge of the same, the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT), is mired in the greatest crisis of its long-storied existence according to insiders.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Nov 2019 15:56 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic CDOT in Total Disarray
well, THAT explains alot...285 on your side of the mountain and 550 over here are the autobahn.
Telluride is truly the culprit,everyone wants to get to the slopes ASAP.....so move the f over or
I'll run you down.

04 Nov 2019 10:08 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic CDOT in Total Disarray
Colorado is doomed. Both Denver and the state believe bike lanes are more important than bridges and diversity is more important than getting the most qualified employees.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Nov 2019 10:23 #4 by homeagain
Here is the part I can't wrap my mind around, I lived on the frontrange since 68' and it is now
almost 2020 and we STILL DO NOT have a lightrail up the mountain to ski resorts!!! It is beyond my comprehension that project is non existent...I-70 has been a joke for a very long time,especially at FLOYD HILL. And now this stupid piece of the puzzle is being pulled out f the hat...makes me want to move to WYOMING..and I am not that fond of snow and cold anymore.

04 Nov 2019 12:24 #5 by hillfarmer
Replied by hillfarmer on topic CDOT in Total Disarray
Not exactly a premier source of information, and only picked up by the right wing media. I remain skeptical of the story. The tendency of those who pile on with allegations that diversity and left wing politicians cause this makes me doubt it even more.

04 Nov 2019 14:14 #6 by homeagain

hillfarmer wrote: Not exactly a premier source of information, and only picked up by the right wing media. I remain skeptical of the story. The tendency of those who pile on with allegations that diversity and left wing politicians cause this makes me doubt it even more.

Been driving 285 (til we moved) since 1997.....theSCHAFFERS CROSSING project was so
fubared they had to rebid the project out....even then, they could not seem to get it corrected. Double yellow line crossovers were numerous and scary (of course some of that was driver
stupidity). THE WINDY POINT portion of the construction seems banked wrong or the drainage
is poorly planned,icy there all the time. THEN there was the Bailey light 43a fubar, THAT company had NO plan for traffic direction and ALL traffic was backed up, 43a,285 both sides for hours. CDOT fined the company for their stupidity, really the list is endless. AND now
Kings Valley is a hosed horror.

08 Nov 2019 20:55 #7 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic CDOT in Total Disarray

hillfarmer wrote: Not exactly a premier source of information, and only picked up by the right wing media. I remain skeptical of the story. The tendency of those who pile on with allegations that diversity and left wing politicians cause this makes me doubt it even more.

The first hour of his radio show today was devoted to this. (AM-710 @ 1:00) If it is available on line or via pod cast I would recommend it.
The larger issue is not bike lanes or left wing vs right wing. The issue is cronyism.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds