Burland Broadband Initiative - Must Sign Up by Dec 15th

18 Nov 2019 18:55 - 18 Nov 2019 18:59 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
For Burland HOA Members: Burland Broadband Initiative

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

IF YOU WANT FIBER OPTIC INTERNET IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD, ACT NOW AND MAKE YOUR COMMITMENT BY DECEMBER 15!​

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Frequently Asked Questions – Burland Fiber Project

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Burland Fiber – Services & Pricing

Burland Fiber Commitment Form – South Park Telephone

Why Fiber Stream?

Burland One-Sheet (large file, please be patient)

The Digital Divide And Economic Benefits Of Broadband Access

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2020 13:39 #2 by Mountain-News-Events
Reminder from Burland HOA:

Good Evening Everyone,
We hope you may attend [Burland HOA Meeting] Saturday January 11th, 2020. We will be addressing any broadband concerns or questions you may still have and of course current community events. The extension is set to expire 01/12/20. Anyone with questions we hope will attend not to mention other good news in our community. Please if you can't attend send us an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., or call any of us. My phone number is (720)397-9000 and if I can't answer your question I will make sure someone can. The meeting will start @ 9:00 am at The Shepherd of The Rockies. Located at 106 Rosalie Road, Bailey, Co 80421. If you have not signed up yet for the Broadband Initiative you may still pay at the meeting. Thank you and hope to see you there!

WE RECEIVED AN EXTENSION! Signup for Burland Fiber by January 12th.
Why January 12th? South Park Telephone (SPT) is applying to the State of Colorado Rural Broadband Fund for a grant to pay for a majority of the construction costs. Grants become available twice per year, January and July. If SPT is not successful in January they will apply again in July. Each grant cycle is becoming more competitive as other communities become aware and apply.

$500 Signup Fee – Can’t afford $500 right now? You can make two $250 payments. One $250 payment with your commitment form now. The second $250 payment will be due prior to construction (stringing fiber on the power poles throughout Burland).

How do I pay for my signup fee? You have two options: 1. Send a check or 2. Use PayPal. For more information go to Burlandfiber.com

What happens to my $250 or $500 if SPT doesn’t receive a grant? SPT will give you the option to 1. refund your $250 or $500 signup fee, or 2. Offer to hold your signup fee until the next grant cycle.

What does the $500 Signup Fee cover? This fee pays for SPT to install the fiber optics cable from the power pole closest to your home, to an outside wall of your home.

Aerial or Underground? If your existing electric service is aerial, so will your fiber optics line. If your electric service is underground, so will be your fiber optics.

Can I sign up for fiber optics after it has been installed throughout Burland? Yes. However, the installation cost ($500 Signup Fee) will most likely be two to five times greater depending upon the distance from the power pole to the home and whether its is aerial or underground.

Speed Test
SPT would like to include as much data as possible to substantiate a grant award for this project. We need you to conduct an internet speed test at your home, and forward the results to SPT. It is important that testing is conducted using the www.speedtest.net . Record your test results and email directly to David Shipley @ This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Facts
Bringing Fiber to the Home (FTTH) provides the latest connectivity that is scalable for the future.

Connection type Typical bandwidth (Mbps)
o Fiber – Optic 50Mbps – 10 Gbps
o Cable 25Mbps – 200Mbps
o DSL 5Mbps – 45Mbps
o Satellite 10Mbps – 30Mbps
o Fixed wireless LTE 5Mbps – 10Mbps

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds