Trucker In Fatal I-70 Pileup Pleads Not Guilty

23 Nov 2019 15:01 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Follow up to the Fatal Accident on I-70, Hwy Re-Opened incident.

Truck driver accused in deadly I-70 crash pleads not guilty; trial set for May
by Rob Low and Chuck Hickey, KDVR | Updated at 07:49PM, November 21, 2019

GOLDEN, Colo. -- The truck driver accused of killing four people and seriously injuring several others in a fiery crash on Interstate 70 in Lakewood in April pleaded not guilty in a Jefferson County court on Thursday.

A trial for Rogel Aguilera-Mederos, 24, will begin May 1. The Texas truck driver is facing 41 charges in connection with the April 25 crash, including for four counts of vehicular homicide as well as assault and attempted assault.

Aguilera-Mederos claims the brakes on the truck failed as he was coming out of the foothills.

Prosecutors said Aguilera-Mederos tried to leave the scene and showed “extreme indifference to the value of human life.”

Trucker In Fatal I-70 Pileup Pleads Not Guilty
By The Associated Press
November 22, 2019

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds