How To Pay For College - A Free Workshop! February 20th @ Conifer Library

13 Feb 2020 16:10 #1 by JeanieBoymel
We all know that a college education can make a big difference in a child's life. That's why I encourage you to join my colleague Willie Prosper Hayes III for a complimentary college funding seminar Thursday, February 20th at 3:45p.m. at the Conifer Public Library located in Conifer High School, 10441 County Hwy 73. There's no cost or obligation to attend, and any information you receive is absolutely free. Reservations are required as the room only holds 30. Call 720-589-1443 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Wholistic, Personalized Financial Planning

Altitude Financial Partners
303-503-5036
altitudefinancialpartners.com/
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Feb 2020 14:22 #2 by JeanieBoymel
Have you given any thought on how to pay for college for your kids? Do you know why we have to count our retirement in the FAFSA? How do we plan ahead? Please join us Thursday at Conifer High School Library to learn more about paying for college.

Wholistic, Personalized Financial Planning

Altitude Financial Partners
303-503-5036
altitudefinancialpartners.com/

18 Feb 2020 17:02 #3 by ScienceChic
So I am quickly approaching that dreadful time when my oldest heads off to college (I'm so not ready), and we've been saving for this since he was born - if he doesn't get any aid at all, we can cover one, maybe one and a half years, of most decent 4 year liberal arts institutions' tuition costs (he's leaning heavily toward chemical engineering as a career path, chemistry is his favorite subject, I have no idea :biggrin: where he gets it). We've been attending college prep workshops at his high school, and each one makes us stress more about going into debt to help our kids get the educations they need to enter the careers of their choices (our daughter is thinking vet tech or animal shelter manager, but she's really into art too).

One of the most important, and game-changing conversations, hubby and I had with Jeanie when we were first reviewing our long-term financial/retirement planning was about college financial planning and how we could more effectively save money. Most parents know about 529s, and use those to help save for that huge expense, but 529s are included when FAFSA assesses your net worth, income, and assets for what they decide you can afford to pay. Jeanie mentioned that New York Life had investment products that we could put money into each month that would not count against us when we were assessed for what we could cover! It was incredibly simple to set up, we enrolled in auto-deduction from hubby's paycheck, and like 529s, it's investment in the stock market so it has great growth potential. We wished that we'd known about this before we opened their 529s. We stopped putting money into those and switched over completely to investing with New York Life.

It's totally worth it to go to this upcoming workshop if you have kids, no matter what age they are. The team at New York Life are great people, they aren't going to badger or bully you into anything, they simply love to teach what they know and help you if they can! Please RSVP, you won't regret it.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds