Jefferson County man hopes to slow speeding drivers with help from a flying pig

11 Nov 2020 21:14 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Jefferson County man hopes to slow speeding drivers with help from a flying pig
By: Jayson Luber, Denver Channel 7 | Nov 06, 2020

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. — It’s easy to spot deer or wild turkeys along Parmalee Gulch Road north of Highway 285 in Jefferson County. But what's catching the eyes of speeding drivers now is a creature of myth and legend.

On Ron DiDonato's Indian Hills property is a 5-foot pink pig with wings that flap, attached to a 10-foot pole.

“I knew this would be an attention-getter and it definitely has been,” DiDonato said. “At first, I didn’t know if it was going to be good or not because they were stopping in the street to look at it."

DiDonato said he decided to create the flying pig to play off the saying that the only time traffic would slow down on Parmalee Gulch Road is when pigs fly.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds