Integrated Management of Target Shooting on the Pike National Forest project

27 Aug 2022 18:36 #1 by Mountain-News-Events

Dear Interested Party:
I am writing to provide an update on the Integrated Management of Target Shooting on the Pike National Forest project (IMTS). I recognize it has been several months since the US Forest Service has contacted you with information on this project. Despite some leadership and staffing changes, we have continued to revise the proposed action and begin the environmental analysis and are moving this project forward.

A lot has happened since public scoping was conducted early in 2021. We received over 500 comment letters on the proposed action, and have reviewed each one to identify issues to be addressed in the environmental analysis. The interdisciplinary team has considered the comments and issues in revising the proposed action. We are in the final stages of making those changes in order to determine the likely environmental effects of the proposed activities. These effects will be summarized in a report (a preliminary environmental assessment) which will be released for public review and comment later in 2022.

Since the scoping period we have also had some changes in key leadership positions involved in this project. Earlier this year we welcomed Carl Bauer as District Ranger on the Pikes Peak Ranger District after Oscar Martinez retired. We also welcomed a new Physical Resources Staff Officer, Andrew Carrier, who joined the Forest in 2021. Both Carl and Andrew will help manage the interdisciplinary team for the environmental review and participate in the Southern Shooting Partnership, our key partner in issues relating to recreational sport shooting.

Please make a note of the project website where the reports and updates will be posted: www.fs.usda.gov/project/?project=57807

For more information, please contact Jennifer DeWoody, NEPA Planner, at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
or (970) 568-2692.

Thank you for your continued interest in the management of National Forest System lands.

Sincerely,
(for) Diana M. Trujillo
Forest and Grassland Supervisor

cc: Diana Trujillo, Jim Pitts, Andrew Carrier, Carl Bauer, Brian Banks, Josh Voorhis, Beth Davis, Jenn DeWoody

Source

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds