Colorado's Echo Lake Lodge slated for three years of improvements

19 Nov 2022 15:47 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Colorado's Echo Lake Lodge slated for three years of improvements
Alex Edwards, The Gazette (Colorado Springs, Colo.)
Mon, November 14, 2022

"I'm excited about bringing back more mission focused use to the lodge," she said. "Using it as a visitor center, giving people an opportunity for overnight programming, being able to use the upstairs rooms again and being able to stay overnight in the building."

The process will take three years and during that time, the lodge will be partially open. While preservation architects and construction workers come and go, tourists will still be treated to food and beverage services through a food truck. Dennison hoped the lobby could reopen as a visitor center as soon as next year.

"One of the focus areas is going to be Echo Lake Park and trying to again bring some of the winter recreational activities," she said. "In the 1970s we used to do ice skating up there, so we'd love to bring that back."

Dennison also said Denver is looking at how the lodge, which is not open during winter, can be improved to support snowshoeing and cross country skiing. The lodge is not winterized, meaning it doesn't support running water in the winter. Exploring winter use is one of the tasks preservation architects have.

Dennison said Denver hopes to reopen the building for its 100-year anniversary in 2026.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds