I need help in figuring out how to use my GPS

24 Mar 2023 07:28 #1 by DrMike
On Saturday, Mar 25th, COFA will host a GPS Basics Class!

Ok, I'm admitting that I have my GPS in my day pack hanging on the wall, and I'll also admit that I need help figuring out how to use the dang thing. How many of you will admit you don't know how to use your GPS either? I know how to turn it on, big deal, but marking waypoints from one point to another, sorry I can't help you. Our instructor Mike Langley can, so why not come tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM and finally learn how to use your unit? Bring your GPS and enjoy this fun class.

COFA will have its GPS Basics class on Saturday, March 25th, at the COFA Green Barn from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The address is 8660 South Fairall Road, Morrison, CO 80465.

Mike Langley, an avid outdoorsman for 37 years, will teach this class. While in the Air Force, Mike went through their survival school, where he learned orienteering (the use of a map and compass). Since then, the GPS came out, and he got “hooked” on using them. Mike strongly believes that people need to know how to use these navigation tools if they go out into the field.

COFA is an All-Volunteer organization designated 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your tax-deductible suggested donation of $10 goes toward training materials/equipment and is greatly appreciated!

Register now: cofausa.org/events/event/gps-basics-clas...ister&id=198&reset=1

For more information, call Leslie at 303.909.3707
COFA's website is cofausa.org for upcoming events and classes.

8660 S FAIRALL RD
COFA TRAINING FACILITY
MORRISON, CO 80465-2521
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds