Jeffco Foothills Town Hall Meeting - Wildfire Risk April 8, 9-10:30am

07 Apr 2023 17:12 #1 by ldahlkemper
Save-the-date for our April Town Hall as we host a community conversation on reducing wildfire risk in Jefferson County - from enhancing forest health and mitigation to making homes more resilient to wildfire plus impacts on homeowners' insurance.

We put together a thoughtful panel of experts and we're eager to hear your questions. You'll also hear updates from legislators and commissioners. Join us on April 8 from 9-10:30am at Evergreen Fire Station, 1802 Bergen Pkwy!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Apr 2023 15:50 #2 by MyMountainTown

Jeffco Foothills Town Hall Meeting
April 8, 2023
177 in attendance

@0:00 Opening remarks by Commissioner Lesley Dahlkemper
@8:40 Jess Moore, Evergreen Fire Rescue
@12:55 Tom Hoby, Director, Jeffco Open Space
@23:20 Abel Montoya, Jefferson County Development & Transportation
@28:19 Carole Walker, Executive Director, Rocky Mountain Insurance Association
@38:00 Audience questions:
- What is the county doing about removing potential obstacles from evacuation routes, or reducing roadside parking that causes congestion along evacuation routes?
- How do I get my neighbors to do mitigation?
- Is there a website that I could plug my address into to determine my hom's wildfire risk?
- What about new development and evacuation, improving roadways for evacuation?
- What is the county planning to do regarding short-term rentals, particularly with absentee owners?

Federal update:
@59:18 David Clark with Congresswoman Pettersen's office

County and State legislator updates:
@1:02:20 Hal Grieb, Jeffco Office of Emergency Management
@1:03:38 Senator Lisa Cutter
@1:10:40 Representative Tammy Story
@1:15:39 Representative Brianna Titone
@1:23:10 Commissioner Andy Kerr

Contact info:
Commissioners Dahlkemper and Kerr - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Jess Moore - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Abel Montoya - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Carole Walker - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., website: www.rmiia.org/

For previous community meetings on the topic of wildfire, please see our Wildfire Preparedness playlist here: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIXT_QRCs...nJnXp_AlpCIPOWuZU3e2

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds