Road Construction CO 9 north of Alma August 21-September 14

20 Aug 2023 14:58 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
PROJECT NEWS from CDOT | CO 9 north of Alma

Construction is set to start on a bridge north of Alma and will require week-long closure of CO 9.

WHERE? CO 9 north of Alma, between County Road 6 and County Road 4. The bridge is located at the base of Hoosier Pass between County Road 6 and 4 (mile 71.5).

WHAT? Work is underway to replace an 85-year-old bridge on CO 9, the current bridge is structurally deficient and functionally obsolete. Crews will be replacing it with an aluminum box culvert, including aluminum headwalls and wingwalls to expedite construction, minimize traffic impacts, and maintain safety for the traveling public.

TRAVEL IMPACTS: There will shoulder and lane closures following up to the full closure to thru-traffic on CO 9:
  • August 15 to 18: Shoulder closures are scheduled
  • August 21 through September 6 (No weekend work or over Labor Day Weekend): there will be alternating single-lane traffic during daylight hours
  • Beginning at 6 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 7, CO 9 will be closed to through traffic north of Alma, between County Road 6 and County Road 4. The closure continues until 6 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 14
Motorists will be required to use US 24, CO 91 and I-70 for a detour. Local residents still will be able to access their property.

More info: bit.ly/45dBlxs

#KnowBeforeYouGo #SlowfortheConeZone

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds