One Walker enters plea bargain in starving dogs case - Flume

05 Oct 2010 12:56 #11 by RHT08
I would guess the ACO that wrote out the report screwed up again!!!! When mistakes are made on original reports, the prosecuters have to throw alot out. Just like the V.W. case, they don't know what they are doing...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Oct 2010 05:39 #12 by MamaRama
And Then, the BOCC along with the sheriff sit and LAUGH about it , but only until it DAWNS on them that there were people in the gallery.. Not so FUNNY anymore.

From what I understand V.W.'s cows were treated HORRIBLY. They were not allowed to sell them and they were'nt vaccinating them either.. I guess I gotta ask WHAT DID IT COST Park County for this LITTLE SCREW UP??

06 Oct 2010 06:49 #13 by Let the Wildlife run PC
I remember a case years ago that involved 120+ rabbits, and a large amount of sheep that were confiscated due to neglect and starvation. If I remember right, 4 sheep died (out of 11) and they (AC) lost around 15 rabbits due to the neglect and starvation and numerous illnesses that the owners had done to them after confiscation. With months and months of TLC, volunteers, giving medications twice per day to these rabbits and sheep, feeding, watering and cleaning twice a day, then adopting them all out. With hours and hours it took to get these animals healthy enough to adopt. Our taxes paying for wages, equipment, cages, medicines, food, bedding, etc. The folks that owned these animals were (to be) charged with around 28+ charges of animal cruelty and I believe a few other charges, which brings jail time for each count of animal cruelty, and a $1,500 fine per animal.

Guess what, ALL CHARGES WERE DROPPED, due to the ACO Officer in charge of the case screwed everything up so badly, from reports, to documentations for the case, photographs everything!!! Now just imagine how much money we wasted on that case alone, and the owners only recieved a "slap on the wrist". The only good part of it was, all the animals were adopted by the kind folks of PC.

Guaranteed, the SAME WILL happen to the Husky case!! Just like the Vern Wagner case has been all screwed up!! I hope to God he takes this county for all it's got for what he's been through for the past 10 years with our idiodic department.

06 Oct 2010 16:57 #14 by MamaRama

13 Oct 2010 14:04 #15 by 40coupe
Significant headline in Fri., Oct. 8th edition of the Flume...Appellate Court disapproves of
Judge Groome's procedures and findings in the Vern Wagner case. Will be watching how
the Nov. 3rd trial of Samuel Walker proceeds.

13 Oct 2010 14:38 #16 by JMC

40coupe wrote: Significant headline in Fri., Oct. 8th edition of the Flume...Appellate Court disapproves of
Judge Groome's procedures and findings in the Vern Wagner case. Will be watching how
the Nov. 3rd trial of Samuel Walker proceeds.

If Walker gets off as easily as his wife did there are some significant problems in Park County. We will be watching this time around. I hope to post more on this soon.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds