Hutchison Lumber closing Fairplay store - The Flume

09 Dec 2010 12:33 #1 by Flume editor
The Hutchison Lumber store in Fairplay is closing, and Hutchison President Bryan Hutchison is stepping down. Details in this week's Flume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Dec 2010 08:57 #2 by The Boss
"Remember you 14 months for the price of 12 on The Flume subscriptions."

The flume may want to edit the above statement.

Also, why is this teaser here and the paper in the boxes even yesterday...but at 9am on a friday morning, I am still looking at last week's paper on line...This seems backwords. It would be great to get this stuff up earlier. I assume that the text of the printed paper already distributed is in a computer, is it not easy to simply also post it on their website?

This is a request to do so, it will help your readership. I often look friday morning on line and then don't look again if you have not posted this weeks paper, I often miss it, thus you miss readership and the entire point of the paper.

10 Dec 2010 09:14 #3 by Wayne Harrison
Just a guess but perhaps they want you to BUY the physical newspaper if you want to get the news first thing Friday.

My suggestion to the Flume would be to sell online subscriptions so people who want to read the stories online first thing Friday are able to.

10 Dec 2010 09:44 #4 by V_A
I would suggest you buy a subscription if you want the news right away. I believe it cost $0.38 a week for the paper to be delivered on Thursday and it contains more information than is available online.

It is a small town newspaper, please re-balance your expectations for them to provide you something for free on your schedule.

10 Dec 2010 13:36 #5 by Residenttroll returns

Wayne wrote: Just a guess but perhaps they want you to BUY the physical newspaper if you want to get the news first thing Friday.

My suggestion to the Flume would be to sell online subscriptions so people who want to read the stories online first thing Friday are able to.

This is why Newspapers are going extinct. They are trying to hold onto traditional distribution methods. Newspapers could have been the Google, Craigslist, Ebay and Amazon of their communities - but traditional trumped new technology. Most newspapers charge a subscription fee to cover the distribution costs of tossing the paper door to door. They never embraced that eyeballs are more important than number of units sold.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds