Coney Island hot dog stand closes its doors - The Flume

27 Jan 2011 15:34 #1 by Flume editor
The Coney Island hot dog stand, a landmark restaurant west of downtown Bailey, was closed indefinitely by owner Ron Aigner in mid-January in light of back problems he suffered after an arrest in January 2010. Details in this week's Flume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jan 2011 15:49 #2 by Grady
from the story linked above

"My back is killing me. I can't be the loose person I was before. I can't pick up a piece of paper. Or dance," he said. "My back is broken."

I would assume Park County will be seeing a PI lawsuit.

27 Jan 2011 16:01 #3 by JMC

27 Jan 2011 16:37 #4 by pound dog mom
oh I am so sorry to hear this. Jezz they usually have lines waiting to get a hot dog.

28 Jan 2011 11:47 #5 by Ronbo
The owner sounds like a real winner. He threatens CDOT workers and deputies with a chain saw, resist arrest and then blames the deputies for his sore back. :Loco:

28 Jan 2011 12:26 #6 by CinnamonGirl

Ronbo wrote: The owner sounds like a real winner. He threatens CDOT workers and deputies with a chain saw, resist arrest and then blames the deputies for his sore back. :Loco:

:yeahthat: :can't hear :faint:

28 Jan 2011 13:34 #7 by The Groomer Girl
Poor guy has a " broken back" and can't pick up a piece a paper.

28 Jan 2011 13:50 #8 by V_A
sounds like a self control issue.

Maybe he closed becuase no one will buy food from a nut case.

28 Jan 2011 18:14 #9 by Nmysys
The Flume has always twisted stories the way they want it to read. According to Ron, the chainsaw wasn't running, the deputy panicked and called for assistance and 8 deputies assaulted him. As a local business owner that brought tax revenues into the county, I personally think he could have been handled a whole lot differently.

Park County isn't exactly business friendly.

28 Jan 2011 18:17 #10 by dummy up

Nmysys wrote: The Flume has always twisted stories the way they want it to read. According to Ron, the chainsaw wasn't running, the deputy panicked and called for assistance and 8 deputies assaulted him. As a local business owner that brought tax revenues into the county, I personally think he could have been handled a whole lot differently.

Park County isn't exactly business friendly.

Yeah, they should of looked up his tax records before they arrested him. Maybe if you own a business in Park County you get free "justifiable homicide" pass. Only once of course we need to be fair.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds