Platte Canyon schools expect deeper cuts - The Flume

24 Feb 2011 16:52 #1 by Flume editor
In the wake of Governor John Hickenlooper's announcement of $332 million in budget cuts to state K-12 education, it looks like cuts to the Platte Canyon School District budget will be steeper than anticipated, with worksheets from the Colorado Department of education indicating that Platte Canyon School District cuts versus current expenditures will have to be $1.35 million for the 2011-2012 school year, according to an information bulletin sent to district staff and parents from Superintendent Jim Walpole on Feb. 16.
On Feb. 14, one day before Hickenlooper's announcement on Feb. 15, Walpole had told the school board that he expected cuts would have to be about $828,000 for the 2011-2012 school year. Details in this week's Flume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Feb 2011 18:07 #2 by MamaRama
Maybe now the Sheriff's Dept. would like to return the money to the School Budget that was taken away from them in order to keep the Sheriff's Dept. afloat. Once again the County Commissioners are robbing Peter to pay "Fred". Gee I wonder how much money Freddies jail was short this last month.?? Does anybody know??

24 Feb 2011 18:52 #3 by ColoradoXprss
How long has it been since the taxpayers in Park County have seen "accountability" and "transparency" in the Park County Administration overspending. How many months has it been since they've updated their website with the expenditures detail? Yep here ya go...2010 Financial Statement not there, Monthly Expenditures no update since October 2010...Credit Card Expenditures no update since December 2010 (November 2010 charges)....that's what I call "great" taxpayer accountability. Let's give the $$$$$$s back to the Platte Canyon School District. Better yet...lets ask the Park County Administration Kathy Boyce why she feels the need to have a Calendar purchased from Chick-Fil-A......hmmmmmmmmmm...gotta love the Park County hypocrisy.

24 Feb 2011 18:53 #4 by MamaRama
Chick-Fil-A, I suppose the taxpayers paid for that lunch too............

24 Feb 2011 19:01 #5 by ColoradoXprss
of course we did...but it "honest injun" say's 2011 Calendar from Chick-Fil-A. LOL

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds