BURLAND BALL FIELDS - GOING FOR THE WELL-AGAIN

06 Apr 2011 10:25 #1 by 2wlady
Many homeowners received mail announcing a hearing to rezone to conservation recreation for a legally buildable lot on New Lot A on April 12th.

At a BOCC meeting in the fall, the PCLL president stated that PCLL wanted:

An indoor batting cage with dirt floor, steel, movable building
Next, change dirt floor to concrete
Then, use the building for birthday parties and other events

Not only does this mean more traffic, and all year long, it also means

RUNNING WATER FOR RESTROOMS and

A WELL

I believe this notice was posted in teeny tiny print on the ball field sign. The sign disappeared a few days ago. Was it the wind? Who knows? But now you know what's going on - AGAIN

Edited to remove incorrect information, i.e., meeting tomorrow is for equestrian lot. April 12 meeting is for ball field lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Apr 2011 14:38 #2 by 2wlady
Hmmmm, very interesting. On the "other" forum, several replies, but here, none. Makes me wonder....

07 Apr 2011 05:28 #3 by The 500 Foundation
perhaps no one wishes to engage in this discussion without the protection of moderation

07 Apr 2011 08:01 #4 by Nobody that matters
Just vote for the rec district and roll the PCLL into it - then you'll only have one devil to fight.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

07 Apr 2011 08:21 #5 by 2wlady
PCLL is keeping a rec district as a separate issue, but they haven't found any encouragement from the county so far.

07 Apr 2011 14:31 #6 by Mtn Gramma
Recreational use of water shouldn't trump homeowner wells EVER!!! The building being proposed in lieu of an enclosed batting cage is atrocious. PCLL has lost any support I might ever have for them. They should be ashamed of their total disregard for the people who live in the area.

07 Apr 2011 15:49 #7 by V_A

2wlady wrote: Hmmmm, very interesting. On the "other" forum, several replies, but here, none. Makes me wonder....

Possibly becuase you come across as a ranting fruit cake and people are tired of your rants.

I don't disagree with you on watering ball fields, however I don't like your methods of communicating so I'm torn between who I would support if asked to cast a vote.

07 Apr 2011 16:24 #8 by Mtn Gramma
Interesting article on the front page of today's Flume -- " 'I Love U Guys' Foundation wants to turn 15 donated acres into Bailey-area gathering spot". First phase: "...1,000-square-foot pavilion to be used for meetings, music concerts and other outdoor gatherings." A second phase will include an auditorium and other amenities.

So PCLL plans on renting out the "indoor batting cage on steroids" for parties, etc., and now they'll have competition of some sort. Should be interesting.

07 Apr 2011 17:30 #9 by 2wlady
Since you're one yourself, I'm not worried about what label you put on me.

I didn't start this mess with the PCLL.

I, at least, don't go around calling the opposition names. What I say is the truth as I know it, and if I later find that I was wrong, I correct myself. More than can be said for the opposition.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds