Discussion From Announcement Thread

08 Apr 2011 08:49 #31 by Blazer Bob

kresspin wrote:

major bean wrote: I don't know about conservatives, but liberals are ashamed of the reputation that they have given to the label "liberal."

Do us a favor. Don't presume to tell us what other people think by painting with a broad brush. Just as there are many different conservative variations and thoughts, the same is true on the other end of the spectrum.

It's like me telling people what black people think. How would I know? I'm not black. I have a "perception" of what they might think, but it's really only what I perceive and I'm sure it's totally wrong.

rofllol given your tag line, that IS funny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Apr 2011 08:54 #32 by kresspin
Yeah, the signature line was a joke. I've changed it to something else.

08 Apr 2011 09:32 #33 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Discussion From Announcement Thread
Well, according to MB I need a new avatar. I think we shall change the colors of the site to red and yellow too. With SC's blessing.

08 Apr 2011 10:33 #34 by ScienceChic
:VeryScared: :confused: :yikes: :faint: :Hellno:

mb - I proudly call myself a liberal. And independent. And moderate. And progressive - because there ain't nuthin' wrong with progress. My problem is when people start making assumptions about my beliefs based on those labels alone when my principles are far more complicated than black and white, right and wrong, conservative vs liberal.

TPP - I can't believe you went there after everything I said. I know you're pulling our chain, but really? Here? Let's take it to the Ring where I can speak my mind about that statement! :snapoutofit:
File Attachment:
:biggrin: :wave:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Apr 2011 18:12 #35 by RivendaleFarms
I'm just in constant amazement that hardly a single thread can be started without it going political. I usually stay out of the Courthouse and the Ring - at least they're expected to be nonstop politics so I can choose to stay out of it, but even more and more Campfire threads get hijacked on a regular basis.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

08 Apr 2011 21:42 #36 by major bean

Science Chic wrote: My problem is when people start making assumptions about my beliefs based on those labels alone when my principles are far more complicated than black and white, right and wrong , conservative vs liberal.

Really?

RivendaleFarms, here is what a campfire in Colorado means:
It's really fine to have a chance to hang around
And lie there by the fire and watch the evenin' tire
Along with friends and my old lady
Sit and pass a pipe around
And talk of poems and prayers and promises
And things that we believe in.
(John Denver)

Regards,
Major Bean

08 Apr 2011 22:36 #37 by Blazer Bob

major bean wrote:

Science Chic wrote: My problem is when people start making assumptions about my beliefs based on those labels alone when my principles are far more complicated than black and white, right and wrong , conservative vs liberal.

Really?

And things that we believe in.f
(John Denver)

Major, are you saying that these food fights are your version of a good time around the campfire with friends?

08 Apr 2011 22:41 #38 by major bean
If you cannot get humor out of those who disagree with you, then your life will be awful grim. In the old movies of the 30s there was nothing funnier than a good pie fight.

Regards,
Major Bean

09 Apr 2011 11:09 #39 by MyMountainTown
We've moved these posts from the Announcement thread, for organization sake, so we can continue the discussion in the appropriate forum. Thank you!

285Bound Staff

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

09 Apr 2011 14:34 #40 by kresspin

major bean wrote:

Really?

And things that we believe in.
(John Denver)

It's what a campfire in Colorado means to YOU, you mean.

You certainly can't speak for every Coloradan in presuming to know what the term means to them. Sitting around a campfire smoking hashish is not what a campfire means to me or my family.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds