Redundancy without cause

07 Apr 2011 11:02 #1 by HEARTLESS
There is justification for redundancy such as backup power generation, pumps, and so to keep systems operating like hospitals have, and there is government redundancy for no other reason than power grabs, waste and empire building, such as FBI, DEA, BATFE and on and on. If Congress really wanted to reduce the budget and start paying our national debt this is where to start.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Apr 2011 11:05 #2 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Redundancy without cause
..and extra jet engines for fighters that only have one engine (Boehner's district); and unnecessary weapons systems and "toys" that even the DoD wants to kill, but can't because of GOP pressure.....

Yes, I can see where a LOT of $$$$ could be cut... Let's start with the Defense Dept....

07 Apr 2011 11:11 #3 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Redundancy without cause
I have no problem with that, and let's do away with PBS, NPR, PP, EOTA's..fine with me!

07 Apr 2011 11:26 #4 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Redundancy without cause

LadyJazzer wrote: ..and extra jet engines for fighters that only have one engine (Boehner's district); and unnecessary weapons systems and "toys" that even the DoD wants to kill, but can't because of GOP pressure.....

Yes, I can see where a LOT of $$$$ could be cut... Let's start with the Defense Dept....

I agree that there is things that could be cut in DOD, but we will most likely not agree is where. They need to start with all these damn contractors that bid, then when the get the job, all of a sudden they were millions short on the bid. They need to be held accountable. Then there is a large redundancy within the DOD. A bunch of people doing the exact same job that could be done by one or two. Let them go, and start making people do their job. And yes there are items that Gates whats cut but Congress will not allow it, wouldn't want to lose jobs in their districts.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds