Dem: Shutdown ‘Equivalent of Bombing Innocent Civilians’

08 Apr 2011 11:26 #1 by outdoor338
Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton (D -DC) was on fire when she spoke to FOX 5 Morning News Thursday about how Washington, D.C. residents are being treated as work to avoid a government shutdown continues.

“We are absolutely outraged. This is the functional equivalent of bombing innocent civilians,” she said.

“It’s time that the District of Columbia told the Congress to go straight to hell,” Norton continued after explaining how an attached rider to the latest bill prevented D.C. from spending its own money on abortions for low income women.

“If these Republicans insist that, if they don’t get the whole pie they’ll take the whole country down with them,” she continued, “then we have got to make them pay the price.”

http://patriotupdate.com/5265/dem-shutd ... -civilians

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Apr 2011 11:30 #2 by kresspin
Good for her. Thanks for posting.

08 Apr 2011 11:38 #3 by Blazer Bob
If I was motivated, I would go back and find some things from the inciting violence threads. I think I will go shopping instead.

08 Apr 2011 11:48 #4 by kresspin
That's a "surveyor's mark," right? rofllol

I keep hearing "the soldiers won't get paid" but it's the families of the soldiers back home that are going to suffer. The brave soldiers on the front lines will still get fed and have shelter -- it's their families that are going to be hurt by this. They are the "innocent civilians" she's talking about.

If your family has ever been hit by a "financial" bomb, you know exactly what she's talking about.

08 Apr 2011 12:01 #5 by outdoor338
Congress, Obama paid during shutdown, not troops, In the increasingly likely event of a government shutdown, members of Congress and the president will continue to get paid, but the nation's troops will not. I'm guessing more than a few readers think there's something wrong with this picture. I'll try to explain, but I can't promise it will make good sense. By law, Congress and the president will continued to get paid in the event a budget deal isn't reached today. Aides deemed "essential" will also get paid, but not until the impasse is over and new federal funding available. Other civilian government workers will go on furlough.

08 Apr 2011 12:08 #6 by kresspin
I wonder how many unemployed there will be when the Tea Party closes whole departments and lays off hundreds of thousands of workers who will file for unemployment?

08 Apr 2011 12:14 #7 by Cowboy
Interesting I did not know Kresspin that "tea partyer" were being paid. I thought they were people that were concerned with our counrty not with themselves or their personal agenda.
But instard of just listening to you I'll check into it, just maybe you ought to do the same.

08 Apr 2011 12:51 #8 by outdoor338
ya...its all the tea parties fault...you lib's could have passed this very easily..but..decided not to do anything..now its gonna bite you big time. reid is a moonbat and sounds foolish when he blames the tea party..well harry..2012 will be very telling! Bye..bye obama :Thank You:

08 Apr 2011 12:54 #9 by Nmysys
I thought it was Bush's fault. Now it's the fault of the Tea Party!!!

Who Knew???

08 Apr 2011 12:58 #10 by kresspin
Bush didn't talk about shutting down large chunks of the government in order to balance the budget. Isn't that the Tea Party mantra? I know you'll correct me if I'm wrong.

It's sounds good as a slogan but the reality is the shutdown will put hundreds of thousands -- perhaps millions -- of government workers out of work. Since businesses will also not be getting as much help from the government with the streamlined government, I don't think they'll be in any position to hire additional workers.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds