Fires in Bailey

09 Apr 2011 21:52 #11 by AlpineMike
Replied by AlpineMike on topic Fires in Bailey

RidinHy06 wrote:

Baileyboy wrote: One wonders how much jewish lightning will strike this year?

I'm sorry but that went over my head. I'm ignorant to what "jewish lightning" is. I've never heard that before. We drove to the "house" to find out I know the family. Good people! We also stopped at the fire station and personally thanked our firemen for putting the fire out as quickly as they did. They did an outstanding job! All of Friendship could have gone up in smoke. I will be forever grateful to them. We need rain (or snow) bad!

Thank You RidinHy06 for such neighborly response and gratitude!
I'm am sorry for the family's loss but thankful for the fire suppression.
Thank you local professionals and volunteers!
About the term...
I thought "Jewish lightning" was the same as dry lightning. Dry lightning is common here in the foothills during spring and summer months. Dry lightning occurs when a storm approaches that only brings lightning and no rain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Apr 2011 07:51 #12 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Fires in Bailey
I'm afraid that if ever caught one, that the "I felt my life was in danger!" defence would work?

10 Apr 2011 09:26 #13 by RidinHy06
Replied by RidinHy06 on topic Fires in Bailey

AlpineMike wrote:

RidinHy06 wrote:

Baileyboy wrote: One wonders how much jewish lightning will strike this year?

I'm sorry but that went over my head. I'm ignorant to what "jewish lightning" is. I've never heard that before. We drove to the "house" to find out I know the family. Good people! We also stopped at the fire station and personally thanked our firemen for putting the fire out as quickly as they did. They did an outstanding job! All of Friendship could have gone up in smoke. I will be forever grateful to them. We need rain (or snow) bad!

Thank You RidinHy06 for such neighborly response and gratitude!
I'm am sorry for the family's loss but thankful for the fire suppression.
Thank you local professionals and volunteers!
About the term...
I thought "Jewish lightning" was the same as dry lightning. Dry lightning is common here in the foothills during spring and summer months. Dry lightning occurs when a storm approaches that only brings lightning and no rain.

You are so welcome AlpineMike! We've lived in Bailey for 17 years and don't want to lose what we've worked so hard for. I'm aware of dry lightning but my spouse agreed that Jewish lightning is arson. So to educate myself, I'll research that term and get the correct answer. Has anyone heard what's starting all of these fires? We need moisture bad! I keep hearing rain or snow and we get neither!

10 Apr 2011 09:58 #14 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Fires in Bailey

jf1acai wrote: "Jewish lightning" is a derogatory term for arson.

No it is a term for "self inflicted" arson to collect the insurance because the business was failing, or behind in the mortgage or car payment. And do you think that whoever coined the phrase was talking about Italians, Irish or Poles but didn't want to mention them? All stereotypes are based in fact, just that the stereotyped don't want to admit to it.

10 Apr 2011 10:42 #15 by RidinHy06

Baileyboy wrote:

jf1acai wrote: "Jewish lightning" is a derogatory term for arson.

No it is a term for "self inflicted" arson to collect the insurance because the business was failing, or behind in the mortgage or car payment. And do you think that whoever coined the phrase was talking about Italians, Irish or Poles but didn't want to mention them? All stereotypes are based in fact, just that the stereotyped don't want to admit to it.

Are you always such a smart ass? Or does it just come naturally! Or do you simply hate Jews? Just asking!

10 Apr 2011 10:50 #16 by Granny Bea
Replied by Granny Bea on topic Fires in Bailey
2 arson fires in March 1 wk apart.
First one in Buck gulch back by Eos Mill
Second one in the river area to the east of the farmers union.

10 Apr 2011 11:09 #17 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Fires in Bailey
"Jewish lightning" is a racist derogatory term. That is the reason that I earlier posted that Baileyboy needs to shut the hell up. That phrase alone should have sent this thread to the Ring.

Regards,
Major Bean

10 Apr 2011 11:20 #18 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Fires in Bailey

major bean wrote: "Jewish lightning" is a racist derogatory term. That is the reason that I earlier posted that Baileyboy needs to shut the hell up. That phrase alone should have sent this thread to the Ring.

Agree this racism at it's worst. I expect this from BB though.

10 Apr 2011 11:24 #19 by RidinHy06

major bean wrote: "Jewish lightning" is a racist derogatory term. That is the reason that I earlier posted that Baileyboy needs to shut the hell up. That phrase alone should have sent this thread to the Ring.

As you know Major, this thread wasn't meant to cause negativity. It was posted to THANK our firefighters and not accuse anyone of arson. You're right. If BaileyBoy wants to fight he needs to take it to the "Ring". Maybe someone will knock his block off. BUT...there's nothing to fight or argue about! With this being said, he needs to be ignored. Said and done. Again...THANK YOU firefighters for saving many houses in Friendship Ranch!

10 Apr 2011 11:31 #20 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Fires in Bailey

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds