Fires in Bailey

09 Apr 2011 07:58 #1 by RidinHy06
Fires in Bailey was created by RidinHy06
It seems fires in Bailey are becoming a thing. We've had two in Friendship Ranch in less than 3 weeks. One I believe on March 23rd and one early this morning. Both on S Pine Dr and both too close to home. As we all know, it's a little concerning when at 2:50 a.m. you hear sirens and then watch several fire trucks speeding up your road. While listening to your scanner (if you have one) you'll hear commands such as "need more water". That's scary! There were no structures lost on the 23rd but one house was this morning. We thank God the winds didn't pick up! Friendship Ranch may have "gone up in smoke". With all the fires that have gone on and are going on in Colorado we're not hearing how they've started. We do know it's not from lightning! We need rain (or snow) badly! I need to add that whoever grabbed the bull by the horns in getting this mornings fire out, did a great job!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Apr 2011 08:16 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Fires in Bailey
It does seem like for number of fires to be one of the worst fire seasons ever. The heavy spring snows just didn't come. Be careful out there people.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Apr 2011 09:09 #3 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Fires in Bailey
:thumbsup: :yeahthat:

09 Apr 2011 09:32 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Fires in Bailey
With the massive spread of beetle kill, I think our mountains are a ticking time bomb. Sometimes I don't feel so bad about not living up there anymore (just sometimes).

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Apr 2011 09:41 #5 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Fires in Bailey
One wonders how much jewish lightning will strike this year?

09 Apr 2011 19:03 #6 by RidinHy06
Replied by RidinHy06 on topic Fires in Bailey

Baileyboy wrote: One wonders how much jewish lightning will strike this year?

I'm sorry but that went over my head. I'm ignorant to what "jewish lightning" is. I've never heard that before. We drove to the "house" to find out I know the family. Good people! We also stopped at the fire station and personally thanked our firemen for putting the fire out as quickly as they did. They did an outstanding job! All of Friendship could have gone up in smoke. I will be forever grateful to them. We need rain (or snow) bad!

09 Apr 2011 19:09 #7 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Fires in Bailey
"Jewish lightning" is a derogatory term for arson.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

09 Apr 2011 19:33 #8 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Fires in Bailey
Then Baileyboy needs to shut the hell up.

Regards,
Major Bean

09 Apr 2011 20:01 #9 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Fires in Bailey
LOL, I agree, but good luck trying to convince him of that!!

:lol:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

09 Apr 2011 20:34 #10 by RidinHy06
Replied by RidinHy06 on topic Fires in Bailey

jf1acai wrote: "Jewish lightning" is a derogatory term for arson.

That's what I thought...just didn't want to think it because some of my best friends are Jewish. And they're good people! Any sick minded person can start a fire for insurance purposes but I honestly don't believe anyone up here would intentionally start one. I'm more worried about inconsiderate a_ _holes who toss cigarette butts out their car windows!

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds