For Country Folks and Gun Loving Americans

11 Apr 2011 08:56 #11 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic For Country Folks and Gun Loving Americans
I grew up in Craig. Hunting was everything there. I got my hunter's safety permit at 12 (the school required it) I shot my fathers gun and went hunting with my parents. I didn't like it much I always cried when they got a deer but that does not mean I have an issue with hunting. I just couldn't handle shooting a deer. I am not against guns or hunting however, I was taught that guns were for protection or hunting. I was taught not to be intimidating with a gun. Gun loving would not be part of our wording about hunting. We were terrified at the outsiders who came into town during hunting season and shot each other, got lost and did stupid things with guns. I lived outside of town and we worried about that on our own property as well.

So, that being said, I object to showboating with guns. It is irresponsible. I am not being a lib here I am saying there is a huge difference between owning and intimidation. Why do you feel the need to flaunt your guns? You have a law that allows you to own a gun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Apr 2011 09:01 #12 by Nmysys
It's kind of like women flaunting the fact that it is legal to murder that clump of cells you were talking about!!

11 Apr 2011 09:01 #13 by major bean
No one has attempted to "intimidate" with their guns. That is whenever you point it at someone and threaten to kill them.
What you are asking is for everyone to hide their guns. If the sight of a gun scares another person, then that other person has an issue, not the gun owner.
Hiding our guns is a huge step toward the outlawing of guns.

Regards,
Major Bean

11 Apr 2011 09:06 #14 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic For Country Folks and Gun Loving Americans
IF you talk about loving a gun it is intimidation. Sorry that is what my gun OWNING friends taught me. The responsible ones that is. They don't flaunt it. And the ones that did were the ones we were afraid of. They know that they don't get it.

11 Apr 2011 09:11 #15 by TPP
Can't agree, CG!
CO. is an OPEN CARRY state, I never leave home without one, of my O 1 or 2 guns.
I go out back I carry, I go for a walk I carry, then there are times that I will not bring up here, but I WILL NOT BE A VICTIM!It's NOT flaunting, to tell the BAD guys you carry! It's says think twice, a-hole.

11 Apr 2011 09:13 #16 by Nobody that matters

major bean wrote: No one has attempted to "intimidate" with their guns. That is whenever you point it at someone and threaten to kill them.
What you are asking is for everyone to hide their guns. If the sight of a gun scares another person, then that other person has an issue, not the gun owner.

I think it's unfair of you to impose your pro-gun beliefs on everyone.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

11 Apr 2011 09:24 #17 by Nmysys
CG:

Why is our talking about having the right to bear arms intimidating?

If it intimidates anyone it is the person or persons who wish to do us harm only.

Those who don't believe in our right to bear arms are those who would either wish to do us harm, steal from us, intimidate us, or are those who would wish to oppress us, as in a tyrannical government wishing to control us.

Remember: Guns don't kill people, people kill people!!

If the government were to take away our right to own guns, only the criminals would have guns. They will always find a way to get guns.

11 Apr 2011 09:31 #18 by Nmysys

11 Apr 2011 10:47 #19 by outdoor338

11 Apr 2011 22:32 #20 by major bean

Nobody that matters wrote:

major bean wrote: No one has attempted to "intimidate" with their guns. That is whenever you point it at someone and threaten to kill them.

I think it's unfair of you to impose your pro-gun beliefs on everyone.

You wit has slipped. That was a lame attempt.

But it does bring up that fact that the right of gun ownership is not supported by law. Laws regulate privileges, whever the Constitution states that the ownership of guns is a "right".

Thanks for the segue.

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds