For Country Folks and Gun Loving Americans

11 Apr 2011 22:35 #21 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic For Country Folks and Gun Loving Americans

Nmysys wrote: CG:

Why is our talking about having the right to bear arms intimidating?

If it intimidates anyone it is the person or persons who wish to do us harm only.

Those who don't believe in our right to bear arms are those who would either wish to do us harm, steal from us, intimidate us, or are those who would wish to oppress us, as in a tyrannical government wishing to control us.

Remember: Guns don't kill people, people kill people!!

If the government were to take away our right to own guns, only the criminals would have guns. They will always find a way to get guns.

I thought I explained that owning is different from gun loving and flaunting. Respectfully written. Just my view. No use beating a dead horse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Apr 2011 22:37 #22 by major bean
Please explain the meaning of "loving and flaunting". Exactly how does one flaunt a gun? Maybe we are misunderstanding your meaning.

Regards,
Major Bean

11 Apr 2011 22:39 #23 by CinnamonGirl
By open carrying to make a point. By talking about loving guns and pushing them on others.

If I am being robbed promise me you guys WON'T help me. I am convinced I am the one that will be shot.

11 Apr 2011 22:41 #24 by major bean
I have lived in Colorado for 24 years and have never seen any open carry outside of the nat'l forest.

Regards,
Major Bean

11 Apr 2011 22:45 #25 by CinnamonGirl
All I know is I lived in a town of hunters and they didn't do this. I know alot of gun owners and they don't do this. They don't talk like you guys. I don't know what else to say. The flaunting ones are the ones that scare me. And the fact that I say I am scared and you guys make fun of me is another reason. My gun owning friends just don't do that. They talk amongst themselves.

I don't know how else to describe what I am talking about.

11 Apr 2011 22:50 #26 by major bean
How can talking about guns be flaunting? Should we speak in hushed whispers, as if gun ownership is shameful?

Regards,
Major Bean

11 Apr 2011 22:51 #27 by CinnamonGirl
MB, I cannot explain it better than I have. I guess I will have to leave it at that.

11 Apr 2011 22:53 #28 by major bean
I also do not know that anyone has made fun of you concerning the subject of guns. I must have missed that post.

Regards,
Major Bean

12 Apr 2011 05:14 #29 by TPP
See my post in "What kind of handgun are you?"

I have NEVER "held a gun" to somebody and force them to shot, & enjoy shooting, nor Have I forced them to listen to my talk about guns. I’ve even stopped the “gun” talk if ax’ed.
As a MATTER of fact, I don't want everybody knowing How many I have, and those that I show MUST be trusted, and I ALWAYS ask if they'd "like to see some of my collection, before bring them out. O Guess what they have and always be loaded. Guns lovers know what I mean. When others come to the house, I will move them downstairs, and lock the door, except 1 that is out of reach of the uneducated.
My first grew up with guns, and ARE no afraid of them, because they are educated, my kids started shooting at 3 or 4, can’t remember. Shooting holes in targets, NOT what it’s about when my daughter saw my 30-30 take out a Jackrabbit, and saw the dead critter, with its chest open and watched the heart stop beating, SHE KNEW and you could see the light bulb go off, “O, these, don’t leave little holes, they can KILL!”
NEVER had an unloaded gun in the house ever (WHY? What’s the point?) Never did the kids ever play, nor show others, nor have the desire (I’ve ax’ed) too…
So, Please don’t lump those that are afraid & uneducated, with those of us that are unafraid & educated.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds