Colorado's bridges to no where

11 Apr 2011 11:25 #1 by Cowboy
So its just Alaska that build bridges to no where, we have eight built, with two more being built this June. AMES has the contract. Both approved by Ritter and now Hick. But I'm sure its also Bushes fault. Dems / Libs/ progresives walk on water :lol:

Go to the CDOT web site, look at when the say they may use these bridges. :bash

www.9news.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=162438&catid=339

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Apr 2011 11:29 #2 by outdoor338
Good info cowboy...the spin will begin..listen to the crickets..

11 Apr 2011 11:34 #3 by LadyJazzer
So, I read the article... And yes, I see where the Federal Highway Administration is examining the plans, etc...

Can you point me to the part where FEDERAL FUNDS, earmarked by a FEDERAL POLITICIAN, (i.e., Congress-critter, Senator) were directed to it?... I see lots of references to CDOT... Excuse me, but CDOT is a STATE agency--not a Federal one....

11 Apr 2011 12:49 #4 by Mayhem

LadyJazzer wrote: So, I read the article... And yes, I see where the Federal Highway Administration is examining the plans, etc...

Can you point me to the part where FEDERAL FUNDS, earmarked by a FEDERAL POLITICIAN, (i.e., Congress-critter, Senator) were directed to it?... I see lots of references to CDOT... Excuse me, but CDOT is a STATE agency--not a Federal one....

The CDOT guy clearly states that the feds are looking into it. The feds don't look into anything they don't have an interest in.

11 Apr 2011 12:52 #5 by LadyJazzer
Can you point me to the part where FEDERAL FUNDS, earmarked by a FEDERAL POLITICIAN, (i.e., Congress-critter, Senator) were directed to it?...

The Feds are REQUIRED to "look into it" because US-50 is a "U.S." highway.... Duh...

11 Apr 2011 14:43 - 11 Apr 2011 15:25 #6 by Cowboy
what you are you to lazy to look your self LJ. What do want me to do bring the blue prints and the contracts to you. They are built, painted, paved, and gaurdrails up, hell we even striped the asphalt. ( biggest waste of taxpayer money I have ever wittnessed) I guess it will help the deer and elk know which lane to stay in.

I like how the news put it at 34.5 million, we billed out 41.3, cost over runs due to limited access.

Even our CDOT inspectors could not beleive it, but they just do what some politicain tells them to do.

It was State and Fed funded, if my memory is correct, the State was 68% and Fed 32%, as the State was the primary, we never had Federal inspectors on site.

11 Apr 2011 14:45 #7 by LadyJazzer
CDOT = Colorado Dept of Transportation... Therefore, they are paid for out of Colorado transportation taxes, (i..e, the part of the sales-tax on every gallon of gas you buy, plus any additional funds appropriated out of the state budget.) Save your bullsh** insults for somebody who doesn't know how this works.

Colorado's taxes are: 22cents/gal, gasoline; 20.5cents/gal diesel; plus 3cents/gal straight sales-tax.

Can you point me to the part where FEDERAL FUNDS, earmarked by a FEDERAL POLITICIAN, (i.e., Congress-critter, Senator) were directed to it?...

Either answer the question, or you can continue with your deflection and bullsh** insults.

From your own article:

LA PLATA COUNTY - A landowner calls them "bridges to nowhere," and the Colorado Department of Transportation plans to spend $14.7 million more on an interchange that may never connect to one of the highways it was designed for originally.

"What I find troubling is that CDOT went ahead with construction of that bridge," said Chris Webb, who owns the land CDOT wants to use to connect U.S. Highway 550 to U.S. Highway 160 near of Durango.

The land has been in his family for decades. Webb lives in Michigan and leases the land to a rancher.

CDOT has already built the sprawling $38.4 million interchange, which was supposed to connect the two highways with ramps and four bridges.

Sorry, I still can't find any references to Federal Funds earmarked by Congress-critters.... If you want to keep comparing apples-to-oranges, though, be my guest... I guess you need something to be outraged about, even if it has nothing to do with the original topic about porkbarrel federal projects.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds