Real Congressional Reform Act of 2011

11 Apr 2011 14:03 #1 by Nmysys
This makes sense to me.

REAL Congressional Reform Act of 2011!
by Bonnie Cannon on Monday, April 11, 2011 at 1:29pm

This is something I will fight for and I hope you read it all the way through. You will be glad you did.

The 26th Amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only three months/eight days to be ratified. Why? Simple! the people demanded it. That was in 1971, before computers, email, cell phones, etc.

Of the 27 Amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took one year or less to become the law of the land, all because of public pressure.

Congressional Reform Act of 2011

1. No Tenure / No Pension

A Congress Person collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the congressional retirement fund moves to the Social Security system immediately. all future funds flow into the Social Security system and Congress participate with the American people.

Read More:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/notes/bonnie-cannon/real-congressional-reform-act-of-2011/197165806988923

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Apr 2011 15:00 #2 by JMC
I would sign on to #1 and # 2. Only seems fair. Didn't the Tea party guys exempt themselves from not being paid ( like the military) if the Gov. shut down? If the Gov. shuts down no elected officials should be paid. IMHO

11 Apr 2011 15:03 #3 by Nmysys
JMC:

What was wrong with the rest of the proposals in your mind?

11 Apr 2011 17:14 #4 by Mayhem
Congress needs to be reconstituted with new faces. Every last one of these entrenched a..holes needs to be primaried, starting with that suntanned metrosexual fag boehner. and work through the list of every sell out. Personally I would like to see all of them put up against a wall but this nation of metros doesn't have the guts to do anything to them. If Tea Party folks can't figure out that the time for a 3rd party route is upon them then they never will. A nation of pussies being led around like cattle with rings through their nostrils. What a joke. Is it any wonder tinpot dictators sit around laughing at America.

12 Apr 2011 06:25 #5 by rlcarolyn
Dear Congress, Last year I mismanaged my funds and this year my spouse and I cannot decide on a budget. Until we have come to a unified decision that fits all of our needs and interests, we will have to shut down our checkbook and will no longer be able to pay our taxes. I'm sure you'll understand. Thank you very much for setting an example we can all follow.

12 Apr 2011 06:37 #6 by TPP
bboy there's that gay referance again...

Nmysys: I agreed, Make it A PUBLIC SERVICE, NOT A CAREER, as the founding Fathers Wanted!

12 Apr 2011 08:00 #7 by Mayhem

TPP wrote: bboy there's that gay referance again...

Speak English or Spanish. Not TPPish

12 Apr 2011 11:37 #8 by TPP
get used to it everybody else has...

bboy, There is that gay reference again.

Better, or do you perfer "Istnieje gejów odniesienia ponownie"

or maybe "وهناك تلك الإشارة مثليي الجنس مرة أخرى"

or "Есть что гей ссылка снова"

O I get it I didn't use a lisp, sorry....

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds