Media Ignore Obama’s Flip-Flopping

11 Apr 2011 14:23 #1 by outdoor338
Contrary to popular impression, President Barack Obama has been remarkably consistent: He has consistently presented major initiatives that have failed and has just as consistently backtracked on changes he has promised.

Obama’s healthcare bill has turned out to be a disaster, raising costs and driving doctors out of medicine. His stimulus was a failure, doing little to spur the economy and adding close to $1 trillion to the national debt.

His outreach to Iran has produced only more belligerence and a continuation of its nuclear program. His foray into Libya is unfocused and has resulted in a stalemate.

On the other hand, to his credit, Obama has backtracked on promises that were unwise. Instead of opposing an extension of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), which is essential to protecting the country, Obama has supported extending it.

Instead of trying terrorists as criminals in civilian courts, the administration will try them before a military tribunal at Guantanamo Bay. Instead of closing the prison camp there, Obama is keeping it open.

Obama said he would start pulling out troops from Afghanistan in July. Now the Pentagon is saying that date is not set in stone. While he said previously he would roll back the Bush tax cuts for those making over $250,000, Obama ultimately supported retaining those cuts.

Obama’s flip-flopping began with his first campaign. Back then, he said he favored public financing of campaigns and would take it himself. He reneged on that and is hoping to raise more than $1 billion from private contributors for the new campaign.

http://www.newsmax.com/RonaldKessler/Me ... /id/392447

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Apr 2011 14:34 #2 by Nmysys
If I'm not mistaken he also voted in 2006 against raising the debt ceiling.

It seems to me that flip flopping is a pretty consistent thing for Democrats. Let's see: John Kerry " I voted for the war before I voted against it"

Archer: Off Topic, when it is someone else!

11 Apr 2011 15:04 #3 by Nmysys
Conservatives should stop worrying about what country Obama was born in. Given some of the stuff coming out of the White House, we need to figure out what planet he was born on! But we're making progress. At least most the media has stopped insisting he was born in a manger.

11 Apr 2011 22:06 #4 by ScienceChic
Media Ignore Obama’s Flip-Flopping:
Not the stuff I read (which, coincidentally, gets called liberal and biased quite often...although, I easily concede that the AlterNet is hit or miss on writing decent, well-researched, reliable articles which is why I don't use them often, but maybe y'all will give them a more fair shot next time I post something from them instead of automatically assuming they suck!)
From a thread I posted in earlier that got bypassed: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9881 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9881<!-- l -->

http://www.alternet.org/news/150523/pre ... _promises/
President Obama's Top 5 Broken Campaign Promises
Polls show that less than half the country believes President Obama deserves reelection, with disaffected liberals now a fast growing demographic.
April 6, 2011

Polls show that less than half the country believes President Obama deserves reelection, with disaffected liberals now a fast growing demographic.

Even though Obama clearly leads all of the likely Republican front-runners at this point, the deep dissatisfaction brewing within his core constituency could make the president, and his whole party, uniquely vulnerable in next year's elections.

Below are five of the biggest campaign pledges Obama failed to keep -- for which he'll likely have to answer before election day 2012.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-a ... ency-award
Daily Show: Victory Lapse - Obama Transparency Award
The media is not allowed to attend the meeting where President Obama receives an award for transparency.
Monday April 4, 2011

"See when you were running for the White House, you wanted to look at what the White House was hiding. Now you live in the White House, you want everyone to stop being so *******nosy!"

This has been the Administration that has prosecuted more whistleblowers in the previous 2 years than in the preceding 40 years, that meets with lobbyists across the street from the White House so they don't have to disclose they're meeting with lobbyists, and, this is true, censored nearly 200 pages of internal emails about their efforts to make government more transparent.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 Apr 2011 16:11 #5 by Cowboy
Actually Science Chick documented that pretty well; they are starting to see the light. I almost fell out of my chair one day when MSN called him out. :like:

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds