1992 Revisted

12 Apr 2011 09:27 #1 by netdude
1992 Revisted was created by netdude
Can you say 'Ross Perot'?

Trump Will ‘Probably’ Run as Independent If He Doesn’t Win GOP Nomination

Donald Trump will “probably” run as an independent candidate for U.S. President in 2012 if he does not receive the Republican party’s nomination, he told the Wall Street Journal in a video interview on Monday.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/04/1 ... omination/

Talk about making it easy for a 2nd term.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Apr 2011 09:33 #2 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic 1992 Revisted
Why not we are reliving the carter years NOW!
As I've said we DO NOT LEARN from history.

12 Apr 2011 10:59 #3 by netdude
Replied by netdude on topic 1992 Revisted
1992 was Clinton btw.... besides a ill advised blowjob and NAFTA, he overall was a pretty good president including working well with a republican house in his 2nd term....

12 Apr 2011 11:17 #4 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic 1992 Revisted

netdude wrote: 1992 was Clinton btw.... besides a ill advised blowjob and NAFTA, he overall was a pretty good president including working well with a republican house in his 2nd term....

rofllol :Whatever: rofllol

12 Apr 2011 12:18 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic 1992 Revisted
I doubt Trump would have a chance. It takes a lot of effort and money to run a political campaign and to get registered as an independent in 50 states. Plus I don't think Trump would like have the press go over his business dealings with a fine tooth comb.

And if the Press thought the Donald had a chance of winning, you would see much more scathing commentary trying to destroy his candidacy.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Apr 2011 13:06 #6 by netdude
Replied by netdude on topic 1992 Revisted
Thanks SS109 for discussion and not what some on this board like to do, attack and dismiss. I agree with what you said, I just saw the parallels and thought it might be interesting to see peoples thoughts on this, left and right. Perot was much more valid to me than Trump, and a lot less ego..... as I see ego as what is driving Trump.... he has the right to run and what looks like viable support. Another thing I read about Trump, he has stated that IF he runs he won't kick it off till after his reality show, 'The Apprentice' season ends....

12 Apr 2011 15:44 #7 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic 1992 Revisted
I was a Perot supporter in 1992. Just thought an independent voice was needed in Washington who wouldn't be beholden to his campaign donors. I was too young and foolish to realize the 2 parties have tweaked the game to make it difficult for a 3rd Party to participate in a presidential election. I think you have to go all the way back to Wallace and 60's for the last one to actually win an electoral vote.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Apr 2011 16:07 #8 by archer
Replied by archer on topic 1992 Revisted

SS109 wrote: I was a Perot supporter in 1992. Just thought an independent voice was needed in Washington who wouldn't be beholden to his campaign donors. I was too young and foolish to realize the 2 parties have tweaked the game to make it difficult for a 3rd Party to participate in a presidential election. I think you have to go all the way back to Wallace and 60's for the last one to actually win an electoral vote.

I had hoped that Perot would at least have made a good showing, maybe that would have put a scare into the two major parties. Unfortunately Ross went off on a few tangents that ultimately sunk his campaign (I voted for him anyway). I see the same problem with Trump....instead of sticking with what the voters are most concerned about, the economy, jobs....and more jobs....he's out there spouting off about where Obama was born. In the end that is going to hurt him.

12 Apr 2011 18:25 #9 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 1992 Revisted
There is one big difference imo. When Perot was running, we were not on the edge of an economic cliff like we are now. I think that any candidate that can come to the table with business experience and can debate ecomonic solutions from personal knowledge, will have a good leg up on the competition. However, I think if Trump was to get the nomination, the media would zero in on the important stuff like his hair and the fact that he's an evil rich white guy. They would do the exact same thing with Romney but also focus on his religion, which he will not get a pass on like Obama did.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Apr 2011 18:30 #10 by archer
Replied by archer on topic 1992 Revisted
I think there are better business people out there who would make better candidates. I've got nothing against rich white guys if they are good at what they do. With the Donald I have a hard time getting past the sleaze factor

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds